Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone open for tattoo design commissions?

SOrry if this is in the wrong forum ;;

I want to know who does tattoo designs for future reference

It wont be for a while, but I'll most likely will be getting tattoos next month, they will both be arm sleeves. One design I had was of a deer wrapping around my arm with a deer skull for its head, I don't know what I want around it yet. still thinking

I'm not sure what I want for my other arm atm. probably something deer related like the other

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    From my experience it is actually best to talk to the tatoo artist. The good ones will design flash properly for your skin.

I think people forget that many are artists too.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Moved this to Artists Wanted because it's more suitable there. Hope you can find an artist you're happy with!

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    From my experience it is actually best to talk to the tatoo artist. The good ones will design flash properly for your skin.

I think people forget that many are artists too.
    Seconded. I like your tattoo idea (got quite a few myself) but I'd suggest taking it to a tattooist. They can also check out your skin tone, sizing etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Seconded. I like your tattoo idea (got quite a few myself) but I'd suggest taking it to a tattooist. They can also check out your skin tone, sizing etc..
    Yeah, tattoo guys are awesome at this kind of thing. A good idea might be take him a pictures and ideas and let him base it off that, at least my tattoo buddy (artist) does this. People bring him an idea and he bases a design off that and makes an original one.

ah yea I know that they are artist themselves! I just kind of wanted to have someone design it to get the sort of idea I wanted I guess? I'm dumb I know

- - - Updated - - -

Opps I forgot to press send on every reply I made..my bad

Quote Originally Posted by DeerKnight View Post
    ah yea I know that they are artist themselves! I just kind of wanted to have someone design it to get the sort of idea I wanted I guess? I'm dumb I know

- - - Updated - - -

Opps I forgot to press send on every reply I made..my bad
    Well im pretty sure most people would be fine to draw something for a base refrence for the tattoo artist to work from.
    I dont think its dumb, i just think sometimes its easier to be able see what the guy who is gonna draw on your arm might think. Either way would work im sure

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Well im pretty sure most people would be fine to draw something for a base refrence for the tattoo artist to work from.
    I dont think its dumb, i just think sometimes its easier to be able see what the guy who is gonna draw on your arm might think. Either way would work im sure
    aa yea that's what I was thinking!

My mums friend is a really good tattooist, I should see what he thinks about the idea ;;

By the way, make sure that whoever it is you go to is reputable. Sometimes a good tattoo can be expensive, but it's a LOT better than getting stuck with, something bad. All you have to do is google 'failed tattoos' to see what can go wrong lol. It's going to be on your body for the rest of your life, paying extra to make sure it looks nice is totally worth it. See if you can't get a portfolio or something to see a sample of what they can do!

I think after you talk to whoever you're planning on getting the tat from, you can commission an artist for the design. :> Getting professional opinions will help you narrow down what kind of design you'd like!
    Weasyl | DeviantART | Tumblr
    Always open for commission!

Weasyl
    Ley
    Hey, I've designed all of my tattoos!
    I'd be happy to work with you if you email me at ley.commissions@gmail.com!
    My gallery is here and here if you wanna eyeball my stuff.