[Suggestion]: External Stream Notifications

So, accidentally put this in the common suggestion thread without thinking about it, I guess new ideas are supposed to get a new thread? I didn't see this in the suggestion list. Anyway, here goes:

I'm not sure if this would run afoul of privacy concerns or anything, but it would be cool to have a feature to send a text message to your phone when specific followed artists are streaming (you could choose to be notified for all streams, or for individual artists (in case you follow like...500 artists, or something). Or perhaps simply an e-mail - my phone notifies me when I get an e-mail, and that would be suitably distant from having any "private" information like a phone number.

With FA I am constantly having to multitask between checking for stream updates for streams I want to attend (without knowing 100% for sure if the artist is even going to stream that day), and, say, watching TV/movies, playing a video game, etc. It'd be nice to just set my phone aside and listen for a DROOOOOOOIIIIID.

Could implement it as an RSS feed too, that way users could really customize how they are notified and what happens when they are.

Weasyl
    xarg
    Better yet, how about an user specific RSS feed of all the user notifications they get from the people they watch in a customizable filterable way. That way users can get notified of new arts and journals through a client built for that if they choose to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    Better yet, how about an user specific RSS feed of all the user notifications they get from the people they watch in a customizable filterable way. That way users can get notified of new arts and journals through a client built for that if they choose to use it.
    Nobody uses RSS feeds so it would be a waste of time to implement

Weasyl
    xarg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesse20 View Post
    Nobody uses RSS feeds so it would be a waste of time to implement
    Good morning to you too.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    RSS would be a pretty good way to expose this. it would be easy to make an RSS feed of every notification in one's inbox and then allow the user to do client-side filtering of it, as an initial implementation.