Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes

Tag Filter Appreciation Thread

I may or may not be in the minority, but fetish art ain't my thing and a lot of it isn't marked as mature. Today I added a few tags to the filter list and it's already made a huge difference. It definitely makes me want to spent more time here. Thank you, whoever conceptualized them! C:

I've been doing my art consumption exclusively on Weasyl for the last year for pretty much this reason. I don't think I can ever go back to browsing art without them.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    Agreed! That's on of the reasons I like it here instead of deviantART

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Tag filters are very useful, but doesn't help when people don't tag their works, or tag them properly so that they don't come up in every search you don't wish to see them in.

They should do it like inkbunny where they have categories for tags like gender and species. Its amazing how hard it is for people to remember basic male/female tags.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    Tag filters are very useful, but doesn't help when people don't tag their works, or tag them properly so that they don't come up in every search you don't wish to see them in.
    For precisely this reason, if you see an improperly or insufficiently tagged submission you can modify or add the appropriate tags yourself, which will help other viewers down the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Kihari View Post
    For precisely this reason, if you see an improperly or insufficiently tagged submission you can modify or add the appropriate tags yourself, which will help other viewers down the line!
    What happens if someone adds tags like
    Awful, bad, stupid, autistic or other dumb tags
    I

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesse20 View Post
    What happens if someone adds tags like
    Awful, bad, stupid, autistic or other dumb tags
    I
    then they get their tagging privileges revoked.

Weasyl
    ticky
    On top of that, the fact that the tag/user blocking works everywhere, not just in certain places, is fantastic.

Kudos to you for nailing that feature.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadWolf View Post
    I had this issue on the mainsite, but then I did what Kihari suggested and it works just fine. I kind of feel like a dick for adding tags to users art but eh.. sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    then they get their tagging privileges revoked.
    Really glad to hear this. The anonymous tag adding had worried me when I first read about that downside, glad to hear that there is a solution for it. Big thumbs up