Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Your weird habit

Weasyl
    N/A
    I will not drink out of anything that has been open and out of my sight for more than a second. Even when I have a cup in the house I will put a coaster or something over the top if I am leaving it unattended. Its because when I was a kid I put a glass of pepsi down, went to the bathroom, came back to take a drink... AND GOT A MOUTHFUL OF F#$%ing FLIES!!!

sorry, minor childhood trauma. I could feel them wriggling

I also pace whenever I talk on the phone, it is impossible for me to sit still when I have a phone to my ear.
    Last edited by erzyal; 10-07-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added more
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Sports.

Yeah, I said it. I like watching sports.... it's kinda of my niche thing. Nothing excites more than some Basketball though.

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    I have to have my hands busy doing something when I am not working. Be it ceramics, messing with my R/C Truck, Drawing, Tinkering on something, I like getting my hands busy.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by OphyOpheliac View Post
    I tend to pace around my kitchen a lot, sometimes i snap my fingers while doing it. I also kind of flail my hands sometimes.

I do it more on impulse now, but pacing used to be a thing when I was thinking and working out ideas in my head.
    That reminds me!

I have a tendency to pace a lot specifically when on a phone call longer than 5-10 minutes. And even more specific, if there are tiles or patterns on the floor I play a subconscious game of either "stay off the lines" or if it is a tight pattern then I do "stay with the pattern." As I go I try to make my foot pacing more elaborate or I just try to see how fast I can go and stay measured.

Bondage, dude. It's a kink, yes, but there's elements to it that are something beyond erotic or sexual. I dunno if I'd say better or worse than sex, just different than simple instincts to procreateve. I'm not sure if it should even be called weird considering the so called experts even seem to think it's pretty innocuous (no spell check so fuck it if I mispelled lol) compared to a lot of other weird habits. Other than that, tobacco is a pretty weird habit but even that I'm kinda falling out of love with because it just interferes with everything else that's a habit. I don't get how the fuck a guitarist, say Slash, can play with a cigarette dangling out his lip because I can't stand it the few times I've tried. But for now that counts. Are religious rites weird? I don't practice a whole lot but I read up on various practices and some of them seem appealing, it's just more something I skim the surface of. They seem pretty batshit to me sometimes and I'm pretty open minded when it comes to spiritual matters.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    for some reason ive been chewing on my fingers lately.....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    for some reason ive been chewing on my fingers lately.....
    I rest my case, that is kinda weird. I don't get what compels some people to do that. I mean I tried it as a kid, it just never did nothing for me. Bondage was where it was at, I think we discovered that around my way about as early as some kids discover the choking games and shit nowadays and that seemed to be like a better rush than chewing on yourself. Zombies chew on flesh and even they at least prey on the flesh of others, not their own.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I rest my case, that is kinda weird. I don't get what compels some people to do that. I mean I tried it as a kid, it just never did nothing for me. Bondage was where it was at, I think we discovered that around my way about as early as some kids discover the choking games and shit nowadays and that seemed to be like a better rush than chewing on yourself. Zombies chew on flesh and even they at least prey on the flesh of others, not their own.
    well its not so much chewing so much as well.... idk really sorta like half way between chewing and sucking, sorta like "tough guys" would do with tooth picks in old movies.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    well its not so much chewing so much as well.... idk really sorta like half way between chewing and sucking, sorta like "tough guys" would do with tooth picks in old movies.
    Hm, I did know a guy who did something like that growing up. It seemed a bit childish when he did it, not necessarily in a bad way, just like a latent childhood impulse that carried over a bit into adolescence and even then he grew out of it. It's weird how some shit carries over, then seems to get dropped at random. Makes me wonder WTF the purpose of a lot of it is.

I like to read the last chapter of a book before reading it from the beginning.