Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Your weird habit

Weasyl
    N/A
    I enjoy staring into open space often when i'm thinking about something (and sometimes not), playing with my hair, and I have a weird habit of touching the back of my neck a lot. I'm not sure why >~>

I'm seeing nails pop up a lot in this thread... I used to bite my nails a lot but finally kicked the habit. I'm able to scratch backs much more efficiently now <3

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Since my hair has grown out (past my shoulders) I tend to check it often for loose strands. If I find one I pull it and then wrap it around my pointer and middle finger over and over until I reach the end. Then I break the loops by splitting my fingers... Odd but somehow relaxing habit I've developed.

I don't really chew on stuff habitually. I'm sort of surprised I don't. I will chew on a fingernail if it is bothering me and I don't have clippers.

Oh, I do tend to put pencils between my upper lip and my nostrils and make duck face to hold the pencil. Or just poke the pencil's eraser to my face repeatedly when I'm conceptualizing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post

Oh, I do tend to put pencils between my upper lip and my nostrils and make duck face to hold the pencil. Or just poke the pencil's eraser to my face repeatedly when I'm conceptualizing.
    This one made me giggle xD I use my mouth a lot as a third hand when i'm working in the office, or anywhere else. I can get some weird looks for doing it sometimes, especially older individuals that just can't help but be gender biased. "You put THAT in your mouth?!" me: "uhhhhh, yeah? It didn't look dirty..." ^-^
    Last edited by Mei; 09-15-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by battybegins View Post
    Ugh, I ALWAYS feel like I HAVE to be watching something or reading a book while I eat. I know that's kind of an unhealthy addiction since it leads me to associate food with pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    - Obsessively washing my hands any time they feel the slightest bit dirty / greasy / sticky / etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    I lick my teeth (lips closed) all the time because I'm paranoid there is food stuck there.
    I have all three of these habits. The last one causes me to make some odd-looking faces if I've actually got something stuck. ^^;

Another odd habit I have is kinda specific. I dunno if I still have it since it's been a while since I've been to the arcade. When I did go a while back, I'd usually play Street Fighter with either my brother, friends, or random people. After every match, I'd either rub the back of my neck or run my fingers through my hair. Usually the latter would be if I won, but I don't remember if the former was specific to winning or losing though. I dunno why I did either, maybe it was me subconsciously trying to calm myself down a bit, since I get shaky when playing something competitively. (Not sure why that is, either. I have fun playing Street Fighter with other people though, win or lose.)

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I clench my teeth extremely hard in my sleep.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    When I finish a soft drink in a can or a plastic bottle, I HAVE to crush the can or bottle to confirm in my mind that the drink is gone. Otherwise I find myself looking for it and unsure if I've finished it or not.

Whenever I'm concentrating or trying to remember something, my left hand clicks incessantly. It annoys people.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    i pop my jaw, neck, and shoulders constantly
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    yeah i pop pretty much everything i can like toes, knuckles, back (a lot) and popping your neck in the morning just after you wake up is sooo good. I also bite my nails and the skin under the nails and on the sides which im trying to stop doing because the sides of my fingers get swollen and its just annoying to play piano with slightly swollen fingers

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    ive taken up "bot hunting" its more fun than youd think
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Does nail biting count as a weird habit?