Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Your weird habit

Biting random things. From pencils to plastic forks, I just kinda like biting things.

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    I like chewing on things, especially rubber grips from pencils. It soothes me.

Weasyl
    WinterWolf397
    Well, nail biting's one. Another one is where I sometimes do things in 4s. Couldn't tell you why, I just have to do it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    That's OCD, yo.
    I am the one and only Fantastic Mr. Fox!

Weasyl
    Yarra
    I don't know if this qualifies but when I shower I wash and towel off exactly the same way every time.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    I drink to get drunk, meaning: if I'm offered alcohol but I'm in a situation where getting drunk isn't the best option, (as ironic as that sounds) I'd pass. In other words, I can't just have one drink and leave it at that, it's all or nothing for me.
    To sort of "balance" things out, I'd limit getting drunk at most once a week if at all. I never drink till I black out either, but I normally want feel pretty fine. I'm a light weight, so thankfully I don't need much.

Do I win the Worst Habit award? :I

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I pop my fingers a lot, especially my right thumb. The sound is satisfying.

With my husband being deployed, I can lie in bed and talk out a potential script out loud for a scene. The next day, I'll write everything down.

Sometimes, I'll get an idea that I HAVE to write down because I feel like if I don't, I literally won't be able to think of another idea.

I have to tell myself "the door is locked" or I'll constantly wonder if I've locked it.

When I draw a character expression, sometime I'll lean back in my chair and test out the expression myself. I guess this gives me a better feel of it.

Sometimes in the middle of one picture, I'll get struck by an idea, stop drawing that picture and sketch up the new idea.

Sometimes I need to walk around for no reason.

I'm OCD about where things go. Everything has to be grouped together by some similar trait.

As someone who grew up with Tourettes and Aspergers (some rare forms of Tourettes are virtually identical to a certain form of ASD), I have a LOT of weird habits.

One unrelated habit is that I like tickling my cats on the tummy. Most people, once they try this the first time, never try it again, but you can always tell when I'm raising a new kitten: I'll have shallow, criss-crossing lacerations all over my hand, some of them thickly scabbed-over and one oozing, here and there. They actually seem to like it, and as they grow closer to adulthood, they stop clawing so much. You can just pet them like little dogs eventually.

Basically, the thing you have to keep in mind is that, if a cat, even a kitten, wanted to cause arterial bleeding, it could...the fact that they don't is due to the fact that the animals actually sort of like us, no accounting for taste. Oh, and a dog's jaws can easily crush bone: they like you, too.
    Last edited by Christiaan; 09-28-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Weasyl
    Amethyst Mare
    Organising my open tabs at the bottom of the screen and not being able to do anything if they're not in the right order.

Biting the skin off my fingers if I'm stressed.

Pacing to work out a plot idea.
    Writer open for commissions!
    https://www.weasyl.com/profile/amethystmare

Ebooks: https://sellfy.com/arianmabe
    Kindle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arian-Mabe/e..._athr_dp_pel_1

Support my Patreon to read early and access exclusive short story collections & novel chapters!
    https://www.patreon.com/arianmabe

Weasyl
    OphyOpheliac
    I tend to pace around my kitchen a lot, sometimes i snap my fingers while doing it. I also kind of flail my hands sometimes.

I do it more on impulse now, but pacing used to be a thing when I was thinking and working out ideas in my head.
    ✿✿ FurAffinity ✿✿ Tumblr ✿✿