Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Lang
    I'm not a big movie person, but the last movie I saw was a Chinese movie. I forgot the name of it, but basically it's about a group of marathon racers that try to save pandas from hunters. Hilarious old school movie with the weirdest scenes.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Avengers: Age of Ultron. It quite thoroughly rrrrrrrrrocked my socks off.

Weasyl
    ExistChocolat
    Book of Life ~ It was funny !

Weasyl
    NerdyMunk
    Tomorrowland.

Latest one was Mad Max: Fury Road. I thought it was a very good film, especially considering how long it's been since Beyond Thunderdome (which even then wasn't that great a film). The action is impressive, and doesn't come at the expense of world- and character-building of varying subtlety. All in all, easily one of best Mad Max films to date, if not the best so far.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    I also just recently saw Mad Max and I really loved it. The character and vehicle designs are just great and holy shit the action kept me on edge and interested for the whole movie which I feel like not many action movies lately have achieved for me.

Annnnd I saw Inside Out which was probably the best Pixar movie writing-wise. There are many sad parts but its a great movie overall. I especially loved the character growth of Joy and Sadness.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I saw Repo! The Genetic Opera not too long ago. I'm not a big fan of operas, but it's a rock opera and the plot is depressing. ;-; If I could sing, I would love to sing one of the songs from it for the school talent show.

Weasyl
    Uncle Gator
    hot fuzz. i like that movie; hadn't seen it since it came out, saw it on netflix and gave it a rewatch. better than i remembered.

I watch movies... a lot of movies. It's one of my pastimes. Latest films I have watched are Jurassic World, Get Hard, and Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance). All three of them were amazing in way different ways.

Jurassic World I highly suggest watching the first 3 (or at least just the first Jurassic Park film) before this newest installment. I feel viewers get more overall from how this new film is presented. Great for action, special effects, and also good character development in most cases.

Get Hard is on more of a not so serious spectrum, but definitely a lot of fun to watch. Some mature themes in this one, but if you want a good comedy to enjoy, I recommend it. The character development is surprisingly good too, since much of the time in movies like this you would get 1-dimensional lead characters... It's up there on modern comedy faves for me with 21/22 Jump Street, 21 & Over, and Let's Be Cops.

Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) is something you need to be ready to watch. It is a fantastic film, but prepare to go a little bit insane with the protagonist of the story. If this was an anime I would put it in "slice of life" category since, despite there being a bit of a comic book aire to the movie, it is definitely real world set with very deep and believable characters. Definitely some mature themes in this one too, but wow is it worth seeing all play out! Style of movies to compare to think Black Swan and the anime Perfect Blue.

I might pop onto this thread every so often to share other recent movie watching. I love movies :> *happy catbird*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Gator View Post
    hot fuzz. i like that movie; hadn't seen it since it came out, saw it on netflix and gave it a rewatch. better than i remembered.
    Oh I just finally saw that film recently! It was amazing, and wish I had seen it years ago. Going into it I thought it was going to be just another cop comedy, but I should have known better with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

The last movie I watched was Sinister. I know I'm a little late to the game on that one, as it's been out for a few years now, but I'd heard promising things and wanted to check it out. It was kind of disappointing, there were a lot of jump scares but not a whole lot of actual scares going on. The writing was decent, the pacing was ok and there wasn't anything glaringly wrong with the movie but I find it tedious when a film is overly reliant on jump scares. Being startled is not the same as being afraid and it's a very weak device that quickly loses it's effectiveness.