Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I remember Attack on the Block in theaters, but I am trying to remember the last movie and I think it was Dark Knight Rises (which ended up annoying me more than enjoying it with massive plot fallacies). I now have a 3D TV at home so I go out less. Enjoyed watching Hotel Transylvania on it. I also watched Prometheus recently. Beautifully shot but I still felt kinda meh after watching it.

I also watched Pacific Rim in 3D at home

Weasyl
    Kirpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnstorm View Post
    I've recently given Netflix another go so I've been rewatching some old favourites. Most recently, RoboCop. Still the same enjoyable satirical ultraviolence that I remember, but then I remembered they're doing a reboot one and felt sad again. As if RoboCop 3 wasn't bad enough already.

I don't even remember the last time I saw a movie at the cinema though, it was so many years ago. I think it was Vantage Point. Not great. The only thing memorable about that experience was the entire audience sighing as they rewound time every ~10 minutes.
    I will admit I have never seen a single RoboCop film. =o One of these days though I will watch the original. I do know I won't be seeing the remake when it comes out though, rarely are they ever any good imo.

I didn't see Vantage Point, mainly due to fact that it didn't really seem very interesting. Now I have no regrets, lol.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirpet View Post
    You can never go wrong with a Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli film. Especially Princess Mononoke. ;D
    Agreed! Tycho and I watched it since he had never seen it before and was curious about Miyazaki films after we both watched Spirited Away. He really likes them so far.

On another note, I've been wanting to watch Paprika but I've had no time. :C

Weasyl
    N/A
    I haven't seen either The Last Temptation of Christ or The Passion, in fact I'd never even hear of The Last Temptation of Christ until now. Truth be told, I've all ways tended to steer away from heavy Christian movies, purely due to personal reasons. I know that's not very fair to the movies but I will admit you did catch my attention stating that Willem Dafoe was Jesus. So I checked it out on IMDB to find that it was directed by Martin Scorsese, one of my all time favorite directors! This may be the film to break my anti-Christian movie mold, lol. (Not to mention it was released the same year I was born and the music was composed by Peter freaking Gabriel! omg)
    It was interesting seeing Jesus portrayed as a man plagued by fear, who experiences doubt, lust, and hate. Some funny moments too, I dont think the Sermon on the Mount has ever been funny before x3

Regardless of personal beliefs, it's definitely worth a watch. I'm not exactly a paragon of Christianity myself :P

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    I will admit I have never seen a single RoboCop film. =o One of these days though I will watch the original. I do know I won't be seeing the remake when it comes out though, rarely are they ever any good imo.

I didn't see Vantage Point, mainly due to fact that it didn't really seem very interesting. Now I have no regrets, lol.
    I don't watch a whole lot of sci-fi, but it's one of my favourites alongside Starship Troopers, which also had the same director and similar satirical pokings. I'm curious to see if the new one will be any good, since they're wanting to stay close to the source material of the book this time.

But yeah, Vantage Point was bad, which is a shame as I like Sigourney Weaver. Sadly I was dragged along to it since the date insisted. At least we could cheer ourselves up with some bowling afterwards. Speaking of which, I caught The Big Lebowski on TV a few weeks back and watched it for the first time ever, now that was a good movie. If I didn't already like Goodman, Bridges, Buscemi and the Coen brothers from other stuff, that definitely would've made me a fan.
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!

Weasyl
    Kirpet
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I remember Attack on the Block in theaters, but I am trying to remember the last movie and I think it was Dark Knight Rises (which ended up annoying me more than enjoying it with massive plot fallacies). I now have a 3D TV at home so I go out less. Enjoyed watching Hotel Transylvania on it. I also watched Prometheus recently. Beautifully shot but I still felt kinda meh after watching it.

I also watched Pacific Rim in 3D at home
    Never had I heard of Attack on the Block but it look hilariously awesome! Sadly I am such a Batman fangirl I can never watch the recent trilogy with the mindset of a true movie reviewer. Instead I just stare at the screen and foam at the mouth lol. My laptop is 3D and it came with some pretty nifty glasses but in all honesty I'm not a huge 3D fan.

Hotel Transylvania is one of my favorites! (In fact I just had it on in the background earlier today!) Promethus is on my d/l list but ever since I started living alone even semi freaky movies will do a number on my psyche so I don't jump on them like I do other genres lol. Oh man, I held out on seeing Pacific Rim when it came out because I wanted to save up the money so I could see it with the d-box seats! Sadly though I wasn't able to save up enough in time so that's another movie on my d/l list. Ugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    Agreed! Tycho and I watched it since he had never seen it before and was curious about Miyazaki films after we both watched Spirited Away. He really likes them so far.

On another note, I've been wanting to watch Paprika but I've had no time. :C
    That's awesome that's he's taking such a liking to them so far.

Oh my gosh Paprika had been sitting on my computer for years and I finally watched it just a few months ago. It really is spectacular, it's pretty out there and beautifully done, imo.

Weasyl
    spits
    watched Heathers again today. one of my all time favorites!

Weasyl
    Ratte
    That's awesome that's he's taking such a liking to them so far.

Oh my gosh Paprika had been sitting on my computer for years and I finally watched it just a few months ago. It really is spectacular, it's pretty out there and beautifully done, imo.
    Tycho has it on his computer. Maybe if we both have time this weekend we can take a break from schoolwork and watch it. :>

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtypaws View Post
    watched Heathers again today. one of my all time favorites!
    ^ I was there, so that.

Movies that I'd want them to have would be Gremlins, RHPS, Lilo & Stitch, Poltergeist and SAW.

My favorite movie ever in the whole universe was the one with the robots and guns. Lots of fucking shit exploded. That movie taught me almost every swearword I know and a few I don't to this day. Bitch shit fuck asshole dickwad all the classics were there. It never missed a beat. The best part was probably when the world got nuked. That part was kinda sad but it made me feel better when I realized they only show Los Angeles going up in flames. Even though it was only a dream the character was having. It had a point to it, like people are important, or something like that. Or at least the kid on the dirtbike is important and everyone else is an asshole who deserves to get beat up, but not killed BECAUSE THAT'S A BAD MESSAGE TO SEND TO KIDS! But even those people you kinda cared about. Like during all the boring parts of the movie where they're talking about the looming financial crisis and bitching about The Man, you find yourself wondering what happened to the cisGinger kid with the mullet, guy who lost his pants, all the minor characters the other robot impersonated - and impersonated very well, I might add. It's amazing they were able to do all that with CG and make the fake bits look real. Sorta like what they did with Who Framed Roger Rabbi but just not drawn out on paper first because that would just look silly in such a serious movie I mean what's the point >.<