Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I watched Fire Walk With Me and wow I loved it. So moody, the sound design and music were excellent. That's some good Lynch right there.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Can we include movies we are interested in seeing?

I just love how Jolie looks in this trailer, Maleficent is such a great character so I'm interested in seeing if any good comes from this other than her being a cosplay queen lol.

Last edited by QT Melon; 01-30-2014 at 11:46 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari". 1921 German expressionist silent horror film. Really, really creepy, but fascinating at the same time. The movie and set completely coincide on the art style and society of the time (I don't know who here is familiar with German expressionism, but if curious look up Kollwitz or Kirchner, or German woodcuts in the 1920s).

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    American Psycho

I saw Captain Phillips the other day, it was pretty good though--I bootlegged a non-subbed version for the African bits so I was a little lost at times but mostly--It was good! Last movie I saw in theaters was Thor: The Dark World. It was decent, the beginning was kinda slow and boring but it picked up to be a decent movie.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Recently watched Frozen.

I think this is a better musical than a better Disney story. Elsa should have had way more screen time and more to her than what was in the movie. Because of that, it made the ending of the movie especially dumb, regarding her as a character. It felt like it was randomly mashed together. That said, a few of the musical numbers were rather memorable. It's been a long time since I can remember songs sung in a Disney movie. Let it Go is a strong song. I also liked Do you Wanna build a Snowman.

I did like the updated message of the ending, I just want to reiterate that it fell flat because of poor characterization. The best character was the guy who ran the supply store.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Recently watched Frozen.

I think this is a better musical than a better Disney story. Elsa should have had way more screen time and more to her than what was in the movie. Because of that, it made the ending of the movie especially dumb, regarding her as a character. It felt like it was randomly mashed together. That said, a few of the musical numbers were rather memorable. It's been a long time since I can remember songs sung in a Disney movie. Let it Go is a strong song. I also liked Do you Wanna build a Snowman.

I did like the updated message of the ending, I just want to reiterate that it fell flat because of poor characterization. The best character was the guy who ran the supply store.
    Woo hoo! Big Summer blowout!

Yeah, the movie wasn't what I expected- I thought Elsa would play a larger role. I loved Ana, though, and i loved Cristoff a lot, too. I think the characters were pretty well developed with their own personality.

And the soundtrack...I love it. I love it so much. Let It Go is AWESOME.

Weasyl
    RMC
    I just went out and seen The Lego Movie tonight and it was pretty stellar. Will Ferrel is really hit and miss at times but this time I think he hit it out of the park. It's definitely a really impressive looking movie as well. It's got Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman and a plethora of other hilarious cameos and such in the film and it's really action packed.

Fun flick, would go see again.

Seconding The Lego Movie! My husband and I had a ton of fun seeing it last night. Unfortunately, we read pretty stellar reviews beforehand which raised my expectations a smidge too high: I was expecting, like, a laugh per minute. The film delivers more of a laugh per five minutes (at least for me!), but those laughs were all really solid and well-earned. Though he played a smaller role, Liam Neeson's voice acting was my favorite performance of the film. Well, no, okay, he's tied with Morgan Freeman.

Definitely would watch again, since a movie like this has a ton of hidden gags all over the place.