Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    The last movie i have seen was deadpool. It was ok most of the funny jokes were pretty much told in the trailers and it felt like the movie was rushed a bit which is sad because it had so much more it got have given

Weasyl
    Purpleroach
    Star Wars Episode 7: Force Awakened.

I liked it. Had fun watching it. More than I can say about the prequels. My biggest problem with the film though was how it was shot. It wasn't shot like a Star Wars film. Too many close ups, not enough emphasis on the set pieces, shaky cam, didn't like that. But still as it's own movie I enjoyed it. And it got me excited to see more Star Wars movies.

But what was the deal with the map? I mean, the had the end of the map. Why did they need the full map when they knew where it ended?

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleroach View Post
    Star Wars Episode 7: Force Awakened.

I liked it. Had fun watching it. More than I can say about the prequels. My biggest problem with the film though was how it was shot. It wasn't shot like a Star Wars film. Too many close ups, not enough emphasis on the set pieces, shaky cam, didn't like that. But still as it's own movie I enjoyed it. And it got me excited to see more Star Wars movies.

But what was the deal with the map? I mean, the had the end of the map. Why did they need the full map when they knew where it ended?
    I agree with you Purpleroach on a few of your points.
    It was an enjoyable movie I thought as well. And I am 110% with you on the shaky camera thing.
    It is a fad whose time has long come and it desperately needs to die off once and for all. I get slightly nauseous in a theater when it gets pretty bad sometimes. Filmmakers think it looks "raw" or "Edgy." We have that dumb, waste of time movie, The Blair Witch Project to thank for that. Ever since their little frolic through the woods and their carrying on in a camcorder, it seems that filmmakers have ditched 100 years of technology in the form of dollies, gimbals, tripods and other camera steadying paraphernalia during action scenes to make it seem more "raw or "gritty." Enough already!

The map thing. Yeah I didn't understand that either, but I looked past it. It was otherwise a really impressive movie. I think it had a lot more green in it than any other I have seen as well. Lots of forests and green shores backdrops to balance out that arid desert backdrop at the beginning.

My latest movie:
    Mad Max Fury Road. Wow! What a movie. I was worn out by the end of it.

Weasyl
    kynliod
    Trying to remember... I usually watch TV shows, not movies so much... I think it might have been the RSC production of Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart (highly recommended, BTW). I was blown away by the performances in that version. I've seen three Hamlet movies (Mel Gibson and Kenneth Brannagh are the other two), and this one is by far my favorite. Very accessible, and I loved that they brought it into the modern age. The archaic language somehow didn't seem out of place, even with them all in jeans and t-shirts and so forth. It was excellent.

For TV shows (more my cup of tea, generally speaking), we've been watching Justified (on Amazon--only on Season 2 so far), which is kind of your run of the mill cop show, and then this one show called The Code (on Netflix--only 6 episodes, we've watched 2), which is set in Australia and is a government conspiracy thriller. My favorite types of shows are character driven dramas with a lot of mystery to them. British TV is usually my favorite. Broadchurch, Endeavour, Foyle's War... they tend to move a little more slowly, and they're usually more about the characters than the events surrounding them, which I love. Kind of one of the reasons I got really bored with Law and Order shows. There was very little character development.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and for the bonus question... sheesh, that's a tough one. I'm thinking one from every genre would be a good idea, so that I could at least go with what mood I'm in.

So.
    Drama: RSC's David Tennant/Patrick Stewart's Hamlet.
    Period piece: BBC's Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. (Technically a TV miniseries, but I'm willing to cheat on this one...)
    Comedy: That's a tough one. I'm not big on *movie* comedies, usually. Hmm... I'll think about that.
    Action/thriller: I'd probably pick something like Snatch or Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
    Indie film: I'd go with Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Brick.
    Back to comedy, I think I'd either choose Cabin In the Woods (also a horror movie, so covers two genres), or the David Tennant/Catherine Tate version of Much Ado About Nothing. Absolutely hilarious, but I already chose a Shakespeare film, so that might tip the scales toward Cabin.

Weasyl
    NerdyMunk
    10 Cloverfield Lane and Deadpool.

Zootopia.

Blood, blood everywhere!
    How does Judy do that quick change without getting ketchup all over her new costume? Or on the stage?

Zootopia! Loved that movie ^^
    Icon by Sixel

Weasyl
    Skylar_Husky
    Army of Darkness. My brother and I laughed all the way through it.

Weasyl
    NerdyMunk
    Hail, Caesar!

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Zootopia, man it was worth every penny. i cant wait to get it on DVD so my grandmum can see it. yeah she woulda saw it herself at the theater but the big screens hurt her eyes for some reason
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.