Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    How to Train Your Dragon 2

I really, really enjoyed this movie. It felt a little slow in the middle at times, and one of the themes felt a little out of place (the "who you really are" morale), but overall it was a solid, surprising, gorgeous film.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #182
    Divergent in the $3 theater. Not bad, as long as you don't think about it whatsoever. The second you do, it all crumbles into a million little pieces... but otherwise, not too bad. Just stupidly predictable.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I watch Ip Man. That is a fantastic kung fu movie... and it's on Netflix... go watch it.
    Watch me swooce right in.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #184
    New Apes movie. Not nearly as moving or powerful as the first, and it suffered from being a little too predictable in its writing (being generous). Technically stunning though.

The new Lego movie.
    Everything was awesome.

I used to live and breathe legos my kid years and seeing long forgotten pieces being used made me laugh. Altogether I think it might be the best movie I've seen this year

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I watched the original Japanese Ju-On: The Grudge. It took a little while to get going, but as the number of characters grew it became more interesting. The cinematography was really good. They were really creative with hiding the ghosts in the shots.

Recently re-watched The Lego Movie. I liked it much better the second time around, probably because the hype had died down and I could watch it without the same too-high expectations. That, and the CC helped me catch a ton of subtle jokes.

I also re-watched Penelope last night with my husband. I don't do girly movies that much, but I had a strong craving for it. It's very fairy tale-like, which is part of its appeal. I really liked it the second time around, but I was surprised that I had never realized before that James McAvoy plays the leading man--and costars with supporting actor Peter Dinklage. They were both still budding stars back when this movie came out (2006), so I had completely overlooked them when I saw the film. Now I just kinda find it funny that they later act together again in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Weasyl
    sassySloth

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy.

Given how most people have been talking about the movie and that pretty much every single piece of advertisement focuses on him with the occasional group shot, you'd be surprised to find out that Rocket isn't the only protagonist in the movie.

Also holy hell, The Giver?!? Being made into a movie?! akjhakdhawer-I can already hear the director jumping behind yelling "ASK ME WHAT IT MEANS! ASK ME WHAT IT MEANS!!!"

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it also wasn't as good at Rotten Tomatoes had it out to be. I did enjoy the movie though! (The soundtrack was probably the best part for me.) This was the most-packed movie theater experience I have ever had--hubby and I almost sat apart from one another, until a middle-aged couple noticed and squeezed in to give us 2 seats next to one another. It was also the first time I have ever been to a movie where the audience clapped at the end.