Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Kirpet

What was the last movie you watched?

Seeing as there's a thread where you can share what song you're currently listening to I thought it would be nice to see what the latest movie is you've watched/rewatched. (I'm sorry if this a repeat thread, I glanced around a little bit and didn't notice anything quite up the same alley.)

As for me I'm currently rewatching Across The Universe. A fantastic sing along I might add! xP

The last movie I saw in theaters though was Her. I know it's not a film for everyone but I personally loved it! It was so unlike anything I had ever seen and the ending was spectacular, I was not expecting that. It just really made me think, which is something I admire in a movie.

Edit: Extra Question:

The zombie apocalypse is upon us and you find yourself safely hunkered down in the your local movie theater. You're going to be there for at least a year so what five movies would you pray and hope they had for you to watch over and over and over again?
    Last edited by Kirpet; 01-23-2014 at 01:29 AM.

I rarely, rarely, rarely watch movies. I took a film class in college to try and spark more interest in them, and I just never seem to be able to hang on for long, I have no idea why. I had to think for a few minutes, but the last real movie that I saw was all the way back in summer: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. My roommate was asleep for most of it, but it's one hell of a classic.

The other one was a fabulous, delicious documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Aaaaaand now I want sushi.

Weasyl
    thatbluetiger
    Anchorman 2. My dad dragged me to see it. It was god-awful too. I should have just seen Frozen.

Weasyl
    willy
    Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. Or at least I think that's what it was called.

It's basically a movie about a little kid who's trying to stop Santa from coming because he's going to take away all of the naughty children and eat them or something like that. Based entirely off Finnish lore.

I don't think it was supposed to be a horror film though. It was just really weird and creepy.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I think the last movie I watched was Princess Mononoke, but I think that was literally a year ago so I'm not too sure. I rarely have the attention span to watch movies. I get antsy.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    The Truman Show.

dude
    what if
    dude
    what if MY life is a movie?

Weasyl
    N/A
    The Last Temptation of Christ. For all the controversy The Passion received, I never even heard of this until Film 4 showed it one night. It's a great feeling, turning on this unknown (to me) film and having it become one of your favourites. Willem Dafoe is best Jesus.

Weasyl
    Kirpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I rarely, rarely, rarely watch movies. I took a film class in college to try and spark more interest in them, and I just never seem to be able to hang on for long, I have no idea why. I had to think for a few minutes, but the last real movie that I saw was all the way back in summer: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. My roommate was asleep for most of it, but it's one hell of a classic.

The other one was a fabulous, delicious documentary called Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Aaaaaand now I want sushi.
    That's really interesting, I have never known anyone who rarely, rarely, rarely watches movies. That's awesome that you took a film class though. I took one a few semesters back and my taste was the complete opposite of 99% of the class. (Which I took as a compliment, lol)

It's been some time since I've watched The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly but yeah, it is a classic of classics that's for sure. Even though I love documentaries I don't get watch as many I'd like these days. Jiro Dreams of Sushi looks really interesting! Sushi is so wonderful, I mean it's art you get to eat. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by thatbluetiger View Post
    Anchorman 2. My dad dragged me to see it. It was god-awful too. I should have just seen Frozen.
    The Anchorman movies definitely have a specific crowd type. My old roommate got me watch Anchorman just last year; I had felt that it was just to crude and stupid so I avoided but I have to admit it had me cracking me up. So I have to say that it's totally on my watch list. (I need an IQ killer from time to time, lol)

Oh my gosh, Frozen was amazing! I've seen it soooo many times. It had it's flaws but nothing so major that it took away from the viewers experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. Or at least I think that's what it was called.

It's basically a movie about a little kid who's trying to stop Santa from coming because he's going to take away all of the naughty children and eat them or something like that. Based entirely off Finnish lore.

I don't think it was supposed to be a horror film though. It was just really weird and creepy.
    That sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    I think the last movie I watched was Princess Mononoke, but I think that was literally a year ago so I'm not too sure. I rarely have the attention span to watch movies. I get antsy.
    You can never go wrong with a Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli film. Especially Princess Mononoke. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Newt View Post
    The Truman Show.

dude
    what if
    dude
    what if MY life is a movie?
    Yes!
    You are the star.

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    I've recently given Netflix another go so I've been rewatching some old favourites. Most recently, RoboCop. Still the same enjoyable satirical ultraviolence that I remember, but then I remembered they're doing a reboot one and felt sad again. As if RoboCop 3 wasn't bad enough already.

I don't even remember the last time I saw a movie at the cinema though, it was so many years ago. I think it was Vantage Point. Not great. The only thing memorable about that experience was the entire audience sighing as they rewound time every ~10 minutes.
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!

Weasyl
    Kirpet
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    The Last Temptation of Christ. For all the controversy The Passion received, I never even heard of this until Film 4 showed it one night. It's a great feeling, turning on this unknown (to me) film and having it become one of your favourites. Willem Dafoe is best Jesus.
    I haven't seen either The Last Temptation of Christ or The Passion, in fact I'd never even hear of The Last Temptation of Christ until now. Truth be told, I've all ways tended to steer away from heavy Christian movies, purely due to personal reasons. I know that's not very fair to the movies but I will admit you did catch my attention stating that Willem Dafoe was Jesus. So I checked it out on IMDB to find that it was directed by Martin Scorsese, one of my all time favorite directors! This may be the film to break my anti-Christian movie mold, lol. (Not to mention it was released the same year I was born and the music was composed by Peter freaking Gabriel! omg)