Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bark

Game of Thrones Megathread

I searched, and it seems like there's a lack of Game of Thrones thread. This just won't do. So, here we are. This can be about the show, the books, the board game, the living card game, etc. It's a ~megathread~. But, for the sake of everyone who may not be as far into the books or show as anyone else, keep in mind spoilers. Use spoiler tags! You should also mention which season/book you're spoiling, too.

The show. It's returning April 6th. I'm beyond excited. I started off with the show and it basically lead into a pretty decent obsession. The actors and actresses are fantastic. Even though read the books after, I think they are still pretty brilliant representations of the characters in book.

The books. They're amazing. Soul crushing. I'm only half way through Dance with Dragons. I almost don't want to finish it because god knows when we'll get to the next book.

I also play the LCG with my boyfriend and occasionally some other friends. It's a really fun game. If you haven't heard of it check it out. We own entirely too many of the cards. It's like Mario Kart and Mario Party. It ruins friendships :V

The board game is made by the same company (Fantasy Flight) that made the LCG. I've only played it once. I think it plays similarly to Risk? I've never played Risk, soo. But, it's fun, somewhat. It's easy for the game to drag on for hours, and in my case I got stuck in a corner of the board as the Greyjoys, being unable to do much of anything for a portion of the game.

So. Everyone's favorite books? Characters? Does anyone else play any of the game related things? Most importantly: favorite house?
    Last edited by Bark; 01-22-2014 at 07:19 PM.

So pumped for the show to return. I just can't wait, especially having read all the books and knowing some things that *should* happen this year.

I am the aforementioned boyfriend that plays the LCG with Bark. We're absolutely addicted to buying cards, even if it isn't something we really need to incorporate into gameplay. They're just really collectible and cool.

Favorite book: Dance with Dragons
    Favorite chracter: Tyrion Lannister because he's amazing and one of the characters who isn't basically a complete jerk or a complete hero the whole time and exists in a sort of grey area.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Oh god, I am absolutely in LOVE with this series! I finished reading A Dance With Dragons awhile back, and I am losing my shit waiting for The Winds of Winter to be finished!

Jash: Tyrion is incredible. I love his attitude on the way people treat him due to his size, and at times I've found it inspirational. But come on, you can't deny that at this point, Danaerys, Bran, and Arya are becoming absolute BADASSES, man.

Weasyl
    autogatos
    I love the show, although I haven't read the books. Tyrion is my favorite character (my dog is named after him) with Daenerys being a close second. I am totally rooting for House Targaryen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanagrooboy View Post
    Jash: Tyrion is incredible. I love his attitude on the way people treat him due to his size, and at times I've found it inspirational. But come on, you can't deny that at this point, Danaerys, Bran, and Arya are becoming absolute BADASSES, man.
    Oh man I'm so excited for all three of them to see what happens. I don't think I'd necessarily consider Dany to be a badass in her own right yet, she seriously lost points with me for sitting around playing Queen of the City and trying to be nice for all that time. I want to see her just get fed up and start feeding people to Drogon.

Weasyl
    Ley
    I read 'game of bones'

i need to sleep so bad

(I read the books when I Was 14. I don't know what the fuck I got into.)

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashwa View Post
    Oh man I'm so excited for all three of them to see what happens. I don't think I'd necessarily consider Dany to be a badass in her own right yet, she seriously lost points with me for sitting around playing Queen of the City and trying to be nice for all that time. I want to see her just get fed up and start feeding people to Drogon.
    The way I saw it was her just trying to make the city safe enough for her to leave, along with getting what she needed to cross the narrow sea. I mean, when she wants to be ruthless, she can be. Don't forget how she got her army of Unsullied. Though I do want to see how her actually not dead nephew Aegon taking to invade Westeros in the name of house Targayen is going to affect her plans.

Edit: Though I think it won't be long before she crosses over to Westeros, seeing as by the end of Dance she is riding Drogon and we also have Victarion Greyjoy bearing on Mereen with a fleet of ships.
    Last edited by Kanagrooboy; 01-22-2014 at 07:24 PM.

Weasyl
    Bark
    Quote Originally Posted by autogatos View Post
    I love the show, although I haven't read the books. Tyrion is my favorite character (my dog is named after him) with Daenerys being a close second. I am totally rooting for House Targaryen.
    Read the boooks. They're so good. And such a nice addition to the show. There's a lot of extra juicy bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ley View Post
    I read 'game of bones'

i need to sleep so bad

(I read the books when I Was 14. I don't know what the fuck I got into.)
    HAhahaha.

I guess I should answer my own questions.

Favorite book... God I don't even know. They're all good. A Storm of Swords is particularly good with its big moments and such.

My favorite characters would be: Brienne, Jamie and Tyrion.

House... I really like the Greyjoys. I don't have a particular affinity for any of the characters, but I just love the house. What is dead may never die. Love it. Other than them I love the Lannisters basically purely through playing the LCG. So much gold, heheh.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    I haven't read the books, but I freakin love the show.

My favorite character would have to be Arya. I'm interested to see what happens with her, because it seems like she could get into some huge trouble with the darker path that she's taking.

House Stark or rather what's left of it is undoubtedly my favorite.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Am I the only one that finds how Martin treats the sexings rather refreshing in the books? It's not pages of detailed sex but it's just frank and to the point. I love the series TV too but I'm a bit sad it is pushed back to April instead of starting in March.