Weasyl
    Namba

Doing Guitar Covers, Yo

Starting with this one. I promise the video quality will be better on the next video once I'm able to get a better tripod. The one I use for my Sony Bloggie won't secure the damn thing for some reason, so I had to use my 3DS.

Anyhow, gonna be doing this weekly if my schedule will allow it, of course. I'll let you guys give me feedback on my progress.

That's some pretty tight stuff there, nice job; good song choice too. I can't believe that came from a 3DS, way better quality than I'd expect. Not sure how you were able to balance the music and your amp so well together. I'm not sure what kind of feedback I can give ya except good job. You definitely know the song to be able to record that long and being mistake-free, something I have trouble with still (recording always makes me nervous). I'd love to do something like this with my acoustic!

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    That's some pretty tight stuff there, nice job; good song choice too. I can't believe that came from a 3DS, way better quality than I'd expect. Not sure how you were able to balance the music and your amp so well together. I'm not sure what kind of feedback I can give ya except good job. You definitely know the song to be able to record that long and being mistake-free, something I have trouble with still (recording always makes me nervous). I'd love to do something like this with my acoustic!
    Thanks, man! Really the best way to get past the whole thing where you can play perfect and then mess up a million times during recording is to just keep recording yourself even if you don't ever plan on releasing your recording. That way you can review what you did and, at the same time, build up confidence.

To its credit, it probably would have looked a little better if my living room had better lighting, but once I get my new tripod that won't matter since my bloggie picks up lighting so well and I can record in 1080p. I think the 3DS records in, like, 240p. :{

And this song... dear god it's tiring lol But once again, your feedback means a whole lot.
    Last edited by Namba; 01-22-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    Thanks, man! Really the best way to get past the whole thing where you can play perfect and then mess up a million times during recording is to just keep recording yourself even if you don't ever plan on releasing your recording. That way you can review what you did and, at the same time, build up confidence.

To its credit, it probably would have looked a little better if my living room had better lighting, but once I get my new tripod that won't matter since my bloggie picks up lighting so well and I can record in 1080p. I think the 3DS records in, like, 240p. :{

And this song... dear god it's tiring lol But once again, your feedback means a whole lot.
    It's my pleasure, us musicians gotta stick together. I'll keep that in mind and give it a shot, thanks for the tip. I do have occasional video recordings dating back to when I started two years ago, though I can barely watch those trainwrecks for more than ten seconds. XD Will try to be more consistent and do it more for fun than anything else.

Well not only that, but the sound quality is far better than I imagined. I have a 3DS too, but I would never suspect that it had such capabilities. Never really fooled around with the camera feature much.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    It's my pleasure, us musicians gotta stick together. I'll keep that in mind and give it a shot, thanks for the tip. I do have occasional video recordings dating back to when I started two years ago, though I can barely watch those trainwrecks for more than ten seconds. XD Will try to be more consistent and do it more for fun than anything else.

Well not only that, but the sound quality is far better than I imagined. I have a 3DS too, but I would never suspect that it had such capabilities. Never really fooled around with the camera feature much.
    the camera feature is pretty cool... mostly for its 3D capabilities but the drawback is it only lets you film in 10 minute intervals, and that's no good. Doesn't matter though, because I'll be filming in HD for all my other vids, like this one...

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    I wish I could still play like I used to. Word of advice, dont get in a fight with a soild wood door. My left hand is fucked and its to difficult and painful to play anything good anymore.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    I wish I could still play like I used to. Word of advice, dont get in a fight with a soild wood door. My left hand is fucked and its to difficult and painful to play anything good anymore.
    Damn, I would cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    the camera feature is pretty cool... mostly for its 3D capabilities but the drawback is it only lets you film in 10 minute intervals, and that's no good. Doesn't matter though, because I'll be filming in HD for all my other vids, like this one...
    I like this one too, Namba. Got to focus on your fingerwork a bit more than the first thanks to the quality, always interesting to see. I've learned to start recording and watching my fingers now... unfortunately exposing all sorts of nasty little habits, but also seeing the beauty in some of the unexpectedly graceful movements that occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    I have no idea what I'd do if I lost the ability to play music, although I'm sure it'd be bad. I have gotten into a fight with a solid concrete wall, though.. was lucky to not break anything, just wasn't able to breathe, let alone play guitar, for two weeks. You have my empathy, man.

Weasyl
    Namba

It's been too long.

Weasyl
    Namba

Norma Fucking Jean