Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weasyl API

Weasyl API

I've been toying around with making some apps for Weasyl, but I can't find any documentation on the site API (or if there even is one). The search term "API" is too short for the search on these forums.

Is there any documentation on an existing API, or if one doesn't exist, any plans to create one?

As far as I'm aware such a thing doesn't exist yet as the back end of the site is still in development. Making an app for the site at this stage might not be the best idea.

The mobile site works great though so you're as well using that. Also, because of the content of the site, you can't publish the app to the App Store or Play Market or you'd be violating their terms of use.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fiz
    There's api keys but if you let the devs know what kind of apps you want to make, I think they can hook you up with something to help with that.

Weasyl API

There is an "API key" area on the settings but not anything about it anywhere else. I assume the API is under development and not yet public? I can't even search the forums for info because it doesn't allow to search for the word "API".

What are the planned features for the API?

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    at the moment we are mostly looking to the community to tell us what they need in terms of API endpoints. if you have a need for pulling some data out of weasyl, come talk to us on IRC and we can get something sorted out for you. ircs://irc.weasyl.com:6697/#weasyl-projects

IDK if this is a good place to suggest things, but one thing I'd like to see on the API is the ability to request all front page results (or all the data needed to build a lookalike) after a certain timestamp (after being filtered by the user's filter level, of course). Would make it so easy to write an AJAX bookmarklet that loads new submissions without having to refresh the entire page.

Basically: api?action=newsubmissions&timestamp=1390418050

returns:
    Code:
    // Actually a list of these but I'm not actually familiar with JSON so IDK
    {
      {
        'url': '/submission/381263/grey-morning-2013',
        'thumbnail': '/static/media/c8/eb/cb/c8ebcb3d4d12c00305a231f5a0cf77e13dfa3eeddbdb1039a51d3b347bc39e97.png',
        'rating': 'moderate',
        'title': 'Grey Morning (2013)',
        'username': 'LordDominic'
      },
      // ...
    }

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    IDK if this is a good place to suggest things, but one thing I'd like to see on the API is the ability to request all front page results (or all the data needed to build a lookalike) after a certain timestamp (after being filtered by the user's filter level, of course). Would make it so easy to write an AJAX bookmarklet that loads new submissions without having to refresh the entire page.

Basically: api?action=newsubmissions×tamp=1390418050

returns:
    Code:
    // Actually a list of these but I'm not actually familiar with JSON so IDK
    {
      {
        'url': '/submission/381263/grey-morning-2013',
        'thumbnail': '/static/media/c8/eb/cb/c8ebcb3d4d12c00305a231f5a0cf77e13dfa3eeddbdb1039a51d3b347bc39e97.png',
        'rating': 'moderate',
        'title': 'Grey Morning (2013)',
        'username': 'LordDominic'
      },
      // ...
    }
    it's as good a place as any. this API would be pretty easy to do! if you could please add it to https://redmine.weasyl.com/, it'll be easier for me to remember to implement this.

Done, though it ended up making it a 'bug' rather than a feature request...

Weasyl
    Taris
    just tossng this out there, also interested in API documentation

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    merged two threads on the same subject.