Drag & Drop Folder Sorting

I'm sure this, or something similar, has been brought up already, but I think a drag & drop system for folders would make sorting galleries much more intuitive. If you're retroactively sorting your gallery into folders (as opposed to sorting them as you submit pieces), going to each piece and moving them one at a time is a bit of a pain.

I'm sure improvements are already in the works, but I figured it would be worth throwing out there!
    Thanks for the wonderful work done on the site so far, folks. :3

I just registered to suggest something to this tune, funnily enough. In general I feel the folder options page could stand to borrow a little from more familiar file manager GUIs; it's all VCL-style drop-down menus now. A simple directory tree with an icon on each folder to click for its settings could work well, and if you could drag and drop thumbnails to rearrange submissions, that could put all your folder-futzing needs in one place. You could conceivably even take it a step farther and provide access to individual submission info (content ratings, change the thumbnail, etc), making it a one-stop shop for managing how your work is displayed.

Incidentally, I'm not sure when folder options were implemented or if I just never noticed them somehow, but they're pretty great. Thanks for all your hard work!

Weasyl
    Ransom
    That does sound intuitive.

Additionally, I think it'd be useful to be able to feature the same submission in more than one folder, functioning more like a tag than a directory. Like, for instance, say I've got a "Mature" folder, then a "Macro/Micro" folder, and then I've got to decide where to place a mature macro/micro drawing — see the dilemma? The ability to drag-and-drop it into both would be welcome.

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    This would be such a helpful feature. DA does this even for favorites and it is really handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    That does sound intuitive.

Additionally, I think it'd be useful to be able to feature the same submission in more than one folder, functioning more like a tag than a directory. Like, for instance, say I've got a "Mature" folder, then a "Macro/Micro" folder, and then I've got to decide where to place a mature macro/micro drawing — see the dilemma? The ability to drag-and-drop it into both would be welcome.
    This is actually a thing I ran into just the other day trying while trying to sort my submissions into folders the first time. In my case, picking between labelling a piece as gift art or personal, as it had mine and a friend's characters in it. Putting stuff where it fits most generally is alright, but the chance for more than one category sounds even greater.