Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112
  1. #101
    Senior catwithpen's Avatar
    Weasyl
    WildOak
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    Well, let's not mistake healthy debate for a shitstorm.
    It was kind of iffy there for a while...

  2. #102
    Regular oneandonly's Avatar
    Weasyl
    oneandonly
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by catwithpen View Post
    It was kind of iffy there for a while...
    No kidding. :/

    It went from debate to hate really fast.

  3. #103
    Well that was a fun "shitstorm" as everyone likes to put it. I see that everyone is unanimously bitching about me so I guess this means absolutely no one has the same problems with animation that I do, so since it would make everyone so unanimously happy for that one annoying asshole to leave and not voice their own opinion, I'll leave you all alone. >_>
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  4. #104
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Well that was a fun "shitstorm" as everyone likes to put it. I see that everyone is unanimously bitching about me so I guess this means absolutely no one has the same problems with animation that I do, so since it would make everyone so unanimously happy for that one annoying asshole to leave and not voice their own opinion, I'll leave you all alone. >_>
    Nobody addressed you directly, they're more busy discussing the topic at hand. There's no need to make it about you, and draw attention and drama to you, or you WILL cause a shitstorm, and the mods will defintiely have this thread locked. Again. Permanently, this time.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #105
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Guys, please keep the thread on topic and keep discussion friendly. Thank you!

  6. #106
    im not a very wordy person but ill try and say my opinion here i guess

    i love cartoons but there are some where the style (in my opinion) is just awful and i cannot even look at it long enough to watch the show (total drama - phineas and ferb or any sort of shiny pseudo-anime cartoons like totally spies or cybersix)
    but this is just my opinion i have a friend who loves cybersix i know people who love phineas and ferb

    they are just not my thing because of style

    there are even some animes i like (db/z - pokemon - digimon - sailor moon - flying trapeze - crayon shinchan) because of the stories mostly but also because i find the styles pleasing to my eyes
    i certainly wouldnt watch these if they looked like say hetalia or anything where its just way too cutesy and shiny
    simply not my thing

    everything has p much already been said
    the way things look is because of the culture take a look at mayan ruins or any other historical places with art
    you see that the art is pretty much all in the same sort of 'style' and thats partly because of the culture the way things are drawn and stylized has a lot to do with it
    there were plenty of civilizations going on at the same time with different stylizations of how they percieved the human or even animal form

    its not because someone was lazy or being bad at art on purpose

    take picasso for example
    personally i dont like his work but i dont think its bad or lazy at all
    he was an amazing artist and im not going to deny that
    ive heard some argue he did abstract work because he was lazy

    so lets take something sorta like that and apply it to some cartoons or anime
    while its not fine art people argue some of these 'shortcuts' mean youre being lazy or youre a bad artist
    thats really not the case animations is very time consuming (very) and it aint cheap if youre working for a company
    animators only have so much in their budget and if they decided they wanted every single thing to look incredibly smooth and flow perfectly well that is a lot of money

    a more realistic style has more details and youre animating those details you wanna make it look nice but uh oh your budget wont be big enough
    youve got to find a style thats appealing with the story and wont take so much work and as well isnt gonna take so much time (youve got deadlines you know)

    and appealing to the story that was mentioned on here before
    i dont think a lot of cartoons or anime would be the same if they had different styles
    when you have a story/plot and you wanna make it into an animation make it a reality you start thinking about how it would look
    would a silly comedy slice of life plot make sense to have a realistic style?? probably not

    myself i have different ways i draw to fit the mood of whatever it is im doing
    i wont be trying to draw in a super cartoony style when its a serious picture that makes people think the subject isnt very serious
    the differences arent drastic but theyre there

    i draw 4 fingers on some of my characters
    not cause im lazy at all shit i can draw 5 fingers
    its just because i like it its because on some characters it just 'fits' and when i draw them playing an instrument or anything of the sort ive got no problem drawing it tbqh
    it doesnt look weird to me and again this is something thats my opinion

    i know that some people are weirded out by 4 fingers or bendy arms and legs and exaggerated posing and all that (also things i do)
    just like im weirded out by really shiny big eyes (this is not just an anime thing some of the expressions on spongebob weird me out too) or super shiny hair

    but in my opinion nothing is truly bad its just a matter of opinion
    and nobody draws bad on purpose unless theyre parodying a style as a joke
    and i know a ton of this has been said but i wanted to put in my 2 cents
    tmblr - fa - da

  7. #107
    Junior BudgieBin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by hotboychina View Post
    everything has p much already been said
    the way things look is because of the culture take a look at mayan ruins or any other historical places with art
    you see that the art is pretty much all in the same sort of 'style' and thats partly because of the culture the way things are drawn and stylized has a lot to do with it
    there were plenty of civilizations going on at the same time with different stylizations of how they percieved the human or even animal form

    its not because someone was lazy or being bad at art on purpose
    Actually, yeah. The Egyptians? They drew like that for CENTURIES because to them, it was showing the most perfect view of each part of the body, and to them, art could not get any better.

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    In a more narrow sense, Ancient Egyptian art refers to the canonical 2nd and 3rd Dynasty art developed in Egypt from 3000 BC and used until the 3rd century. Most elements of Egyptian art remained remarkably stable over that 3,000 year period with relatively little outside influence.
    It even continued on to later styles, such as Amarna, which used the old style in a new way, showing depth and other advanced techniques. They didn't change it because to them IT WAS PERFECTION.

  8. #108
    Premium User Oly's Avatar
    Weasyl
    oly
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    edmonton
    Gender
    NB/male leaning
    Posts
    307
    When I saw the thread title I thought it was about drawing badly on purpose more in the sense of saaay, how Partydog draws, or like the earlier MSPA comics. Or my own comics.

    As far as the actual topic: I really hate the Flash tweened style, I understand that it's easier and cheaper but it just looks so awful. Then you get stuff like Superjail! or Adventure Time which are typically simple but not lazy. Ultimately, not everything has to be a totally amazing masterpiece to be enjoyable.

    (I didn't feel like reading all 11 pages of this so sorry if any of this has been said xP )

  9. #109
    Junior Haru Totetsu's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Haru Totetsu
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, Great Britain, England, Cheshire, Stalybridge
    Posts
    16
    Simplest question ever: Money.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Well that was a fun "shitstorm" as everyone likes to put it. I see that everyone is unanimously bitching about me so I guess this means absolutely no one has the same problems with animation that I do, so since it would make everyone so unanimously happy for that one annoying asshole to leave and not voice their own opinion, I'll leave you all alone. >_>
    Honestly, I don't think it's your fault that people aren't capable of discerning between just someone's opinion which, at the end of the day, isn't that important, and a fucking cosmic battle between good and evil. That's why I just hardly bother with these forums. There's no damned point trying with most of these people, you just end up regretting it.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •