Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Yeah, but the problem with that is NSMB U is it felt like an expansion pack for the Wii game, and then Wind Waker was a Gamecube port. Then 3D Land was another Mario game no one was asking for. It's no surprise that no many Wii Us are being sold.
    I'm not saying there's no problems with the NSMB series. They pretty much are just expansion packs. Hell, the audio bytes they use aren't even different.
    I just personally like them, regardless. But it's not enough to buy a new console for that reason.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMalloryPerson View Post
    To be honest this isn't a surprise for me.
    The Wii lacked many things for common gamers that play FPS games and the sort, but offered alot for families and fitness.
    I think it failed to bring the best of both world and by trying to please to family side of things even more, most of the gamer community became uninterested therefore causes a loss for Nintendo.
    tbh Nintendo really was never much for FPS to begin with.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    At the end of the day, it's a success in my book if I can buy one for $10 used at a yard sale.

Their failure is my winnings : >c

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    At the end of the day, it's a success in my book if I can buy one for $10 used at a yard sale.

Their failure is my winnings : >c
    Pretty much this.

If I do eventually get one to play NSMB U and 3D Land and maybe whatever else they put out, it's going to be dirt-ass cheap (unless they step their fucking game up hardcore, but it sounds like they're already giving up).
    Resident Koopa Trash

The WiiU was always a piece of crap to be honest, especially in the current gaming climate with high quality or acclaimed games coming out on most major platforms but almost none on any nintendo platforms. The screen thing was a bit gimmicky as well. They should just invest everything into the DS, because that's been their most successful venture into anything for a while now.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26

Weasyl
    Term
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I'm not saying there's no problems with the NSMB series. They pretty much are just expansion packs. Hell, the audio bytes they use aren't even different.
    I just personally like them, regardless. But it's not enough to buy a new console for that reason.
    Well honestly look at what they've done with Mario.

Since 2006 we've had nine major Mario titles. Four NSMB games. Five if you count the Luigi version. Two Galaxy games and two 3D games: Land and World.

Meanwhile Super Smash Brothers, arguably their most popular title up there with Mario Kart, is still waiting on its fourth entry 15 years after it was initially released. There was no Star Fox, F-Zero, or Mother/Earthbound on the consoles in that time. Metroid saw Other M which tanked. We saw one Star Fox game with Command and while it was serviceable (so I hear) that game would fair so much better on a beefier console and would look visually stunning (hey, anyone remember when FUCKING HIDEKI KAMIYA said he wanted to make a Star Fox game? WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED AFTER SEEING WONDERFUL 101!?) No Fire Emblem since 2007. F-Zero hasn't seen a console release in over a decade. Been almost half a decade since the last Punch-Out!! was released. Hasn't been a console Pokemon release since 2006 when they made a glorified version of Pokemon Stadium for the Wii, because that's apparently the only game that's possible with that franchise. From when he announced it, it took Miyamoto five years to finally bring out Pikmin 3 after trolling his fan base about it at nearly every single major Nintendo event. But we're going to continue to saturate the market with Mario, his party games, and Zelda.

There's little if any variety here. It's clear Nintendo seems primed to just let Mario and Zelda pull double duty to push their consoles and handhelds, with Pokemon and Animal Crossing helping as well with the latter. But they apparently have no interest in trying to use their connections with people like Retro or Platinum Games to provide more variety with their own properties. Not saying we can't also enjoy great new IPs like Wonderful 101, but it's not like Nintendo really needs to strain for IPs to work with that currently already have a large inherent fan base that might love to see them revived and would help possibly push more consoles then yet another 2D or 2.5D side-scrolling game that is essentially just a map pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    tbh Nintendo really was never much for FPS to begin with.
    One of the most influential and beloved FPS' of all time though was exclusive to Nintendo. Developed by Rare, who they should have thrown the kitchen sink at to keep exclusive to them, but still Goldeneye sold systems. Perfect Dark also was huuuuuuuge. Of course now that studio is stuck in its own personal circle of hell developing games exclusively for the Kinect. The studio that gave us Banjo/Kazooie, DK 64, and Killer Instinct stuck making casual games for the Kinect. If there's a more cruel story of a video game developer's downfall, I don't know what it is.
    Last edited by Term; 01-22-2014 at 12:09 AM.

I grew disillusioned with Nintendo a while ago. Reason why? As it's been said, they practically bottle up 3rd party development, especially with the "family friendly" concept they've gotten themselves into. Add onto that the fact that they keep pumping practially the same 1st party crap out year after year, and it gets old. Then they go and release what pretty much adds up to be a Wii with "updated" last gen hardware and a gimicky new tablet controller. Not to mention they've been hashing out remakes of the same handheld console, where they used to be awesome at, for a decade. Not hard to see why they're having a hard time retaining customers.

My dad has an old Super Nintendo I play every once and a while and love it when I do. I enjoyed the gamecube when I still had one in my house, however, I play the Wii we got to replace it rarely. I still have my GBC that I got not long after it came out, and break it out once in a blue moon. The magic just isn't there like it used to be, and Nintendo seems to have lost thier touch.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I'd love to see Retro handle a Mario or Zelda game, themselves.

My fiance personally wants to see Pokemon or Metroid handled by Rockstar. (Not gonna happen, but one can wish. Lol.)

And Nintendo seems like the type that would bare down on you for making fanart, because it deviates from their precious, precious personal ideas.
    I should watch my ass.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I'd love to see Retro handle a Mario or Zelda game, themselves.

My fiance personally wants to see Pokemon or Metroid handled by Rockstar. (Not gonna happen, but one can wish. Lol.)
    A Rockstar Pokemon game? That I would pay to see. GTA: Saffron City, here we come.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I just want Sega to not make, BUY F-Zero, Starfox, and Custom Robo from Nintendo.

Here's why.

Derp F-Zero GX
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ihr68dibRk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxXcz2p1TA
    I seriously don't know anything about F-Zero except that you race cars and Captain Falcon is in it,
    but...
    Afterburner!

It's so weird seeing Afterburner after I've gotten used to Ace Combat.
    Such a fast-paced game.

I used to play the shit out of the NES ones, though.
    Resident Koopa Trash