Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Weasyl
    Runefox

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Classic fallback but w/e
    Lol do you actually think I'm ignorant enough to believe it's a terrible idea to let 3rd parties develop Nintendo games? Especially considering this topic is about how the Wii U is failing, highly in part because of the lack of games on the console.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Lol do you actually think I'm ignorant enough to believe it's a terrible idea to let 3rd parties develop Nintendo games? Especially considering this topic is about how the Wii U is failing, highly in part because of the lack of games on the console.
    Given that neither I nor XoPachi know you, and given that we've dealt with Nintendo fans who legitimately believe that and violently defend the notion, yes, he probably does actually think that. Call it cynicism.

It's kind of interesting that Nintendo has chosen to do this, I was just reading a little while ago some suggesting that Nintendo needs to start merchandizing again like it did back in the 90's, and now it looks like that's exactly what it's going to do.

Or I suppose more of it? It seems like in Japan at least there's literally tons upon tons of merchandise (for pokemon anyway, dunno about anything else...?) But the rest of the world hasn't been getting much of that.

Or is this only in relation to them licensing out their characters for games and things? That's cool too I suppose.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Nintendo is going to have to be careful when choosing its partners. I'm not against the company hiring other developers to make its games, but Other M was offensive on a number of levels ("oh no, little old me is being attacked by a monster I've beaten a half-dozen times already! Help, Popeye!") and the later StarFox games weren't so hot either.

It bugs me how tone-deaf Iwata has been through this crisis. "This company's in trouble! Quick, segue into the health care business!" Are you fucking kidding me? What does that sentence even MEAN? Look, I like Iwata; he used to make VIC-20 games when I was a kid, and that crappy little thing was my first ever computer. But he's been stumbling through his role as Nintendo's CEO. He got lucky with a Hail Mary pass on the Wii, but the Wii U was the exact opposite of what made the previous system a hit, coupled with all of the problems that kept the Wii one step behind its competitors. It's not as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox One, it's not as cheap or accessible to newcomers as the Wii... it's just a bad design all around. Whoever came up with it needs to be hit with a newspaper like a bad puppy. The Wii U is Nintendo's Edsel; its New Coke.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyWoods View Post
    but Other M was offensive on a number of levels ("oh no, little old me is being attacked by a monster I've beaten a half-dozen times already! Help, Popeye!")
    Actually that part was all Nintendo. :| Yeah.

Weasyl
    RMC
    I've been enjoying my Wii U quite a lot, actually. The game I do have for it are pretty great, but I can totally tell you with truth that I am pretty disappointed with the library of games it has to offer at the moment.

I can't say i'm too surprised that Nintendo is in a pickle atm, considering they aren't well, marketing the system very well at all. It also doesn't have an original Zelda game on the system yet. I like Wind Waker and all, but I dunno if that would have been the game to present as your Zelda game from the get-go. I

I just think they need more third-party support, but companies are probably getting sick of these tired gimmick machines themselves. I don't blame them, developing for this thing must be a freaking nightmare.

I have faith that Nintendo can pull their shit together and come up with something amazing, but they gotta stop catering to a gimmick to do so.