Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do I make my banner bigger?

I tried resizing the picture before but I don't think that really works, I have seen long banners that stretched across the page before and not look squished or anything like that, how do I do that same thing or at least make it bigger???

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Er, by using an image editing program? The banner dimensions best fit at 1650x250px.

I am trying that now, except only one website really did it, and it came out not so good, I am still looking around, is there any good one that you know???

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by crescent_4 View Post
    I am trying that now, except only one website really did it, and it came out not so good, I am still looking around, is there any good one that you know???
    GIMP might work for you: http://www.gimp.org/

I did use GIMP before, but how am I doing this with GIMP? I didn't think GIMP was an image resizer

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I did use GIMP before, but how am I doing this with GIMP? I didn't think GIMP was an image resizer
    Image editors should be able to resize images. I wouldn't specifically know how to do it since I don't use GIMP.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    GIMP is a photo editing program, so resizing images is included in the package. in fact, any art program should have a resize feature regardless.

how do I find the option to resize it? I am in gimp right now and the picture is opened on there

how do I find the option to resize it? I am in gimp right now and the picture is opened on there
    Are you using GIMP on a windows PC, a mac or a linux PC? The instructions vary depending on the one you're using.

If you're trying to make a small image bigger, you will lose quality no matter what program you use (well, not if you're using certain formats but I assume you're probably using jpg or png)

There's a bunch of sites out there that can resize images for you without having to download anything - I tried this one and it works alright http://www.picresize.com/

But yeah, you can't really size images up without making it look cruddy, so use a large image and size it down to what you need.