Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Posts frozen.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    I have now lowered the character count from 225 to 150. That's equivalent to the following:
    You should totally make it 151 characters, just for teh lulz :V

Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    I have now lowered the character count from 225 to 150. That's equivalent to the following:
    That looks a bit better to me. A bit more well rounded to what the average post on the forum looks like.

Oh, and there was supposed to be 190 original pokemon but they had to change it due to the limits of the cartridge.

Weasyl
    Matt
    I maybe should have posted this earlier on the "should posts count" poll, but I'm a big fan of the length-based post-count idea. I prefer the 225 threshold to the 150, but then again I'd remove my own post-count if I could. In either case, this seems like a better compromise between people who don't care for post-counts and people who do than simply eliminating certain forums from the number altogether.

Yay.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I maybe should have posted this earlier on the "should posts count" poll, but I'm a big fan of the length-based post-count idea. I prefer the 225 threshold to the 150, but then again I'd remove my own post-count if I could. In either case, this seems like a better compromise between people who don't care for post-counts and people who do than simply eliminating certain forums from the number altogether.

Yay.
    You never post, you write books.

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    You never post, you write books.
    I hope that's not an issue. I'm planning to compile all my Weasyl posts in a collection of essays called Dumb Shit I Said in Public. I don't have an editor.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I hope that's not an issue. I'm planning to compile all my Weasyl posts in a collection of essays called Dumb Shit I Said in Public. I don't have an editor.
    I have InDesign, I can help you with that. :3 I sense a bestseller coming up!

Weasyl
    N/A
    The 150+ limit before counting posts sounds pretty good to me. I had a funny feeling that a 250+ limit before counting posts would encourage needless Tolkeining instead of shitposting, which manages to be irritating in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The 150+ limit before counting posts sounds pretty good to me. I had a funny feeling that a 250+ limit before counting posts would encourage needless Tolkeining instead of shitposting, which manages to be irritating in its own way.

It's already encouraging it. But at this juncture in time it's really a pointless argument.