Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chrome is having issues connecting over HTTPS

Hi, I am having trouble reaching certain area os the site, this includes the submission area. Currently I see the following message

You attempted to reach www.weasyl.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by Google Chrome. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
    You cannot proceed because the website operator has requested heightened security for this domain.

That being said I am unable to submit images to my weasyl account and cant reach certain pages. The option to ignore or bypass the security certificate issue is also not present. Is this a server issue or something I need to look into. This problem ha s not occured on any of my other regular sites or the forum.
    Thanks
    Last edited by weykent; 01-27-2014 at 05:03 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    unfortunately this is the worst possible error message. it doesn't actually provide any useful information about what's going wrong. can you screenshot the entire page?

Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    unfortunately this is the worst possible error message. it doesn't actually provide any useful information about what's going wrong. can you screenshot the entire page?
    If you can see any other info like certificate details, URLs of pages you're trying to view, then it might help to post that too.

Last edited by Sammacha; 01-21-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: adding a pic

If you click on the icon in the address bar to the left of the URL, does anything display about the webpage? In firefox it does, and it used to in Chrome, but I've not used it since version 7 or 8. D:

Weasyl
    Runefox
    One thing: Make sure your computer's time and date are set correctly. Otherwise-normal certificates will behave weirdly if they seem to have been issued in the future. I've seen that happen quite a bit in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    If you click on the icon in the address bar to the left of the URL, does anything display about the webpage? In firefox it does, and it used to in Chrome, but I've not used it since version 7 or 8. D:
    actually at the time it didn't let me click on anything and the page kept trying to refresh.
    The problem seems to have gone away so either someone changed something in the server or there was just an error with chrome?
    I don't really like to use chrome much I still use firefox most of the time. i know what your talking about, its was just annoying and the http:// was crossed out, idk why

Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    One thing: Make sure your computer's time and date are set correctly. Otherwise-normal certificates will behave weirdly if they seem to have been issued in the future. I've seen that happen quite a bit in the past.
    Yes I've seen this issue but this was not/is not the case.

and I haven't seen it come back

If this comes back, try using IE immediately and see if you receive the error again by repeating the steps.

Had you clicked anything on the site like "Choose"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    If this comes back, try using IE immediately and see if you receive the error again by repeating the steps.

Had you clicked anything on the site like "Choose"?
    I will if it comes back.

And no i gadnt prseed anything on the submissions page

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Sammacha,

I'll leave this open until Monday, just in case it pops up again. The important thing now (and you know what to do!) is whether in this thread or in a new one - if you see the error again, the details the other devs have mentioned above.

Thanks for letting us know about this!