[Site Suggestion] Comment Related Navigation

First, I'm terribly sorry if this has been posted before. There are so many sugestions it's almost impossible to search for everything that has been suggested before without losing a considerable amount of time. Feel free to lock or delete this thread if this has been suggested before!

My suggestions are related to comment navigation, some things that would make replying to comments easier:

1) Quote the comment we're replying to into the reply box when we click on the reply buttom / Place the reply comment box right under the comment we're replying to:
    It would be really nice if we could see the comment we're replying to without needing to scroll the page up and down continuously. Sometimes comments are too long/dense and require rereading, and having it visibile while replying would be really really helpful!

2) After posting a comment/reply to a comment, page keeps us at the comment we just replied to instead of reloading it.
    Really helpful when chain-replying comments, so we don't need to scroll down again to reply to the next comment!

Again, I'm sorry if this has been suggested before, but I really want to see the site getting better and better!
    Last edited by WhiteMantis; 01-21-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Weasyl
    crazydragon
    I don't know if it's appropriate to add to this to your post Mantis, by all means I can delete this reply if you don't want it part of your thread.

Delete Comments/Replies - Would be great if people leave negative comments, or perhaps comment on a journal you would prefer to have comment free.
    (The ability to lock a journal entirely of comments would be great as well)

Hide Comments/Replies - This one maybe not so much, but if there is a huge string of replies of replies of replies, the page owner can choose to hide that 'string' to clean up the submission page. If anyone wishes to see the discussion anyway, they can 'expand' the string and read all the responses, much like YouTube.

Oh please, feel free to post your ideas here! I wanted to post your suggestions too but I ended up forgetting! It would be nice if poeple contributed to this topic with their own comment related ideas.

Both your suggestions are very good. Disabling comments on journals/submissions like you can do on DeviantART would AMAZING.

And the second is very good when, for example, two users start discussing something totally off-topic your submission and you want to have their chain of comments removed.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydragon View Post
    I don't know if it's appropriate to add to this to your post Mantis, by all means I can delete this reply if you don't want it part of your thread.

Delete Comments/Replies - Would be great if people leave negative comments, or perhaps comment on a journal you would prefer to have comment free.
    (The ability to lock a journal entirely of comments would be great as well)

Hide Comments/Replies - This one maybe not so much, but if there is a huge string of replies of replies of replies, the page owner can choose to hide that 'string' to clean up the submission page. If anyone wishes to see the discussion anyway, they can 'expand' the string and read all the responses, much like YouTube.

This is already on our common suggestions list.

WhiteMantis; I like your suggestions. I'll probably throw those on the common suggestions list later, iirc we've been asked to do those things before with comments.

Another thing I was meant to suggest but ended up forgetting:

We seriously need a 'Select All' option for each specific kind of message in the inbox, like "Select all jounals" or "Select all following notifications". Right now it's a bit... complicated to keep an inbox organized.