Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Ransom

Suggestion: How to Strengthen the Collection System

Last edited by Ransom; 01-22-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Weasyl
    Runefox

Weasyl
    Ransom
    That is really sleek! I like that layout — takes up way less vertical space that what I had in mind, and it gives all collaborators and collectors equal footing.

Weasyl
    Runefox

I just wanna add that I really like this idea and the mockup you've made, rune. Hope its okay that I chime in with that!

Airu, I'm sure chiming in will let the mods know that there are more people in favor of this idea so it shouldn't be a problem. c:

I too like this idea and I hope the mods can work something out with this.

Weasyl
    Amber-Aria
    An option for "With Me"? What is this madness?!

But really, I've never really seen a website allow for collaborating artists to be credited together on the same picture. Doing something like this would really make it a LOT easier to do so, and allow everyone who was involved in a picture, whether they helped make it, or were the commissioner who purchased it, an equal say on the picture's description. <3 Having the option to say whether a pic was done for you, by you, or with you, and having the pictures appropriately submitted to Submissions or Collections would be really handy. Combined with the ability to do multiple descriptions, would be something that would make submitting work to Weasyl that much more appealing, especially to users who primarily focus on commissioning art rather than creating it, which is a lot of friends I know!

The mock-ups above are marvelous, and I can only hope something can be done up like them.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    These are great ideas. I think the metric for success with collections should be the elimination of legitimate reasons for duplicate submissions. (Submitting something multiple times may always be favorable for exposure, but that is obviously an abuse of the system.) The only way to get there is for everyone involved to have the same kind of view and level of control over the submission, regardless of whether they are the submitter, the artist, a collaborator, or the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber-Aria View Post
    An option for "With Me"? What is this madness?!

But really, I've never really seen a website allow for collaborating artists to be credited together on the same picture.
    Sorry to clip the rest out, I just wanted to respond to this piece that y!gallery did (at one point, not sure if they still do) allow for collaborating artist to be credited and it was a very nice feature to have.

As for the suggestion, I really like it as well and I also hope that it would be possible to implement!
    deviantart nabyn furaffinity
    .icon by teaparties.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    I'm glad you guys agree, this is something that I think would really make Weasyl stand out from the competition. I'm also glad I could help translate from words to something more tangible. Hopefully this gets the attention of the powers that be.