Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: All site text in Italics

All site text in Italics

I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find anything on it. While on my PC, the main site's text (other than links) is in italics. I only have this issue with the main site (the forum is fine). While on my laptop, the site text is fine, which was what made me realize there was an issue. Text on other sites is fine, too.

I use Chrome on my PC and Firefox on my laptop. I thought maybe it's a conflict between weasyl and Chrome and that's why the text is weird. Chrome settings are fine, nothing has been changed to make the fonts italic. And, like I mentioned above, it's only on Weasyl I'm having the issue.

Anyone else have this problem? If you have, were you able to fix it? If you did, could you tell me 'cause it's starting to drive me nuts lol

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Hmm, I personally wouldn't know why this would be but I'll pass it along to our techs.

When browsing on your PC, are you using a single browser, or have you tried multiple ones? Do you have any extensions or add-ons installed on your browser(s) as well?

The only other thing I can think of is that one of the fonts used on our site isn't properly installed on your PC. You may need to redownload your operating system's fonts to fix that. I'll talk with the devs though and see what they can figure out what's causing it.

Just the one browser in use. As for add-ons I have Awesome screenshot, Tumblr Savor, Tum Taster, and Adblock.

And thanks for the help!

On the PC that you're using chrome on, could you test another browser? If it's windows give IE a try, Mac try Safari, or Linux go for Firefox.

If it works fine with an alternate browser I'd suggest uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling it again to see if that clears it up.

Opened up IE and it's still in Italics so I guess it must be my pc though I don't know why it would do that with Weasyl and no other site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandan View Post
    Opened up IE and it's still in Italics so I guess it must be my pc though I don't know why it would do that with Weasyl and no other site.
    It may be that the PC lacks the font it needs to display the site correctly? Is it an old machine (running XP?)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Jandan,

Did you have any further luck or info on this?

I'll leave this open until Wednesday just in case.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skylerbunny View Post
    Jandan,

Did you have any further luck or info on this?

I'll leave this open until Wednesday just in case.

Thanks!
    Still having issues with the italics. It happens when I open it up in IE, too. But I have noticed that bolded text isn't affected.

I uninstalled then reinstalled Chrome due to another issue with the site (one that was only happening with Chrome) and it did fix that issue but the text is still weird. I'm going to try fixing the issue by downloading Arial (even though it shows I still have it in my fonts folder) and see if that helps. I read on a Chrome forum that this may fix the issue. I just hadn't had a chance as of yet.

Tried uninstalling both Arial and Verdana as per some trouble shooting forums where people were having the same issue and it didn't fix it. I'm at a loss. I'm convinced, though, it's me and not the site haha

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Jandan,

Maybe try with a different profile, or failing that, reinstall time? Sucks, though! Geez, what a pain.

Anyway, sorry there wasn't an easy solution here...I'll go ahead and close the thread. Good luck!