Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I actually didn't notice the watermark until you mentioned it, I was referring to the signature in the top left and the signature at the bottom right.

throw the chinese symbol + watermark into the mix and it's starting to look like an image covered in corporate sponsorships. It's good to sign your work but you probably don't need so many ?

Quote Originally Posted by macks View Post
    I actually didn't notice the watermark until you mentioned it, I was referring to the signature in the top left and the signature at the bottom right.

throw the Chinese symbol + watermark into the mix and it's starting to look like an image covered in corporate sponsorships. It's good to sign your work but you probably don't need so many ?
    O I see what your talking about, I guess with the 3 of them taking up the corners it could seem that way. I've been putting my Logo onto the top corner of most of my work due to shows and art theft which I was experiencing in the past. Its very frustrating when someone takes your art and erases you signature only to paste theirs on top. Its just a habit that I picked up, but thanks for pointing it out. It usually doesn't bother me but sometimes I guess it can hinder my artwork.
    With all honestly the logo really does help people find me, so it is somewhat an advertisement. Dont worry though, I don't sell any art with my logo still on it lol

http://refomatic.tumblr.com/post/743...y-contribution

This is a pretty good ref that's been floating around on Tumblr lately.

My personal first impressions would be that the head is too small and delicate (particularly the nose) and the chest seems to stick out. Here's a redline: http://content.screencast.com/users/...line-horse.png

Good work overall on anatomy! I think you just need a little more practice but you're definitely on the right road!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcabbage View Post
    http://refomatic.tumblr.com/post/743...y-contribution

This is a pretty good ref that's been floating around on Tumblr lately.

My personal first impressions would be that the head is too small and delicate (particularly the nose) and the chest seems to stick out. Here's a redline: http://content.screencast.com/users/...line-horse.png

Good work overall on anatomy! I think you just need a little more practice but you're definitely on the right road!
    Hmm ok, if that was me who drew that I would feel like I made the head too big. Or the body too small, either way its just something I think I have to work on. Or maybe there is just something wrong with my mind lol.
    Thank you for the tutorial its a really good one. I'll be reading it for sure.
    Also thanks for taking the time to do a quick relined on my horses head, I will be taking it into consideration on my next horse.
    much appreciated

Anyone else still want to post their redline or recommendations before I start to color away at my new horse?
    Chinese New years is this week! :O
    Its early this year

And thank you for all the recommendations so far, its been helpful

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-26-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I actually had a mockup on Sai because I felt the leg positioning awkward for the horse. It may be a good idea to study their gait. I think the major problem is that the horse's sternum is too far out. this also means the leg lifting in the front is too far back.

I am working on it right now so if you can give me a few minutes I should be posting it soon
    Ah yes the chest being pushed out was also something that king cabbage recommended to me.
    I hadn't thought of it being awkward, but that being said I don't have any horses to go and look at.i will be interested to see how you put them, as well you recommended for me to re-check my lighting source, which I dd. I can see some errors but of course not all of them. I am going to be much more careful on my new one.
    Sometimes I think that working digitally takes away from certain things as I don't look at the picture as a whole as often as I look at just parts of it. thank you so much for you help.
    I am hoping to study more of the horses anatomy and movement in the future, its been a slow on going thing for me.
    everyone says "horses are hard to draw" and its true, but I think its a good motivation to learn

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I've been fortunate enough to have a sibling that owned a horse. They are very interesting animals. If I get a chance I will correct some issues but I think the shape is what I was looking for the most when doing the mockup.

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    My biggest complaint would potentially be compositional things.

Your signature/stamp thing in the top right seems not only extraneous, but it's really close to the edge and causing some discomfort. The composition is also too symmetrical for my tastes, but that's my own personal taste. I, personally, would prefer it if the chinese character were pushed into the background and a slightly darker/lighter color than your color fill than that big bold black.

Last edited by Sammacha; 01-26-2014 at 04:10 PM.