Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Suggestion] Comic navigation tags?

Or at least a new type of submission for sequential art?

I guess I would like to post one of my long graphic novel series, but there doesn't appear to be a way to navigate between pages of a work. This means that I would not be able to set up convenient navigation for my readers.

Is this something in the works? I used the search box and found nothing for 'comic navigation.'

Thanks,

-Seth

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Put links in the submission's description?

Well, on FA it can be done producing a standardized block of text [submissionID, submissionID, submissionID], producing a standard [PREV | FIRST | NEXT] . That's the kind of thing I'm looking for in order to save time on changing the navigation each time a new page is posted. It doesn't require me to actually code the URL (which is not as convenient to edit) into the block, AND the best part is that it doesn't require me to keep a "cheatsheet" open with a code block for me to paste.

-Seth
    On FA and SoFurry: sethtriggs

Weasyl
    Charrio
    I'd like to see something like that added at some point as well.
    Just a convenience for users to make things smoother and easier.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    I'd love to see this as well! It makes things so much easier to navigate!

As I think of how the folders operate, what if this sort of tagging were actually dynamic, and the Previous/First/Next functionality could be tied to whatever folder the submission was in? That would be a great way to extend the functionality and usefulness of folders, don't you think? In that sense, someone could have a chapter folder for a bunch of pages of a work, and make things nice and easy for navigation.

-Seth

As someone who is migrating over 200+ pages of a webcomic from FA i'd really like to see this implemented too. There IS navigation at the bottom right of the page for in-folder navigation but it's not something that people will easily notice quite like having it in the description or even just below the artwork like it is on FA with the "newer" and "older" buttons by default.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    I think it'd be even better if you could "stack" submissions into a sequence with more visible first/prev/next/last navigation. Not only for comics, but for image sequences and so on as well. Would be mucho useful.

Great idea, Runefox!

I think this would be wonderful functionality indeed.

Heck, if it were just entered with a tiny code like <PREV|FIRST|NEXT> all the better!

-Seth

Weasyl
    sambeawesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    I think it'd be even better if you could "stack" submissions into a sequence with more visible first/prev/next/last navigation. Not only for comics, but for image sequences and so on as well. Would be mucho useful.
    I was about to post something to this effect as I feel like sequential things can clutter up a gallery, having them stack all in one place keeps things neat and organized Definitely support!
    I'm awesome.
    YouTube | Deviantart | Tumblr