Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I'm here to get away from that gender confusing, caustic cunt, AshleyAshes. ...Wait... Shit! D:

More seriously, I'm here cause 'It's bout time'. Also, I can't tell, does Weasyl just NOT have notifications of journals/art posted by those I'm watching... Or have those I re-watched here just not posted anything yet? o.o

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #112

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    I'm here to get away from that gender confusing, caustic cunt, AshleyAshes. ...Wait... Shit! D:

More seriously, I'm here cause 'It's bout time'. Also, I can't tell, does Weasyl just NOT have notifications of journals/art posted by those I'm watching... Or have those I re-watched here just not posted anything yet? o.o
    You should be getting notifications if they posted something.

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    I'm persona non grata on the site mentioned by the OP, so I would say the decision was made for me.

Funnily enough, that's related to why my forum and mainsite usernames are out of sync, and why I've been on the forums longer than mainsite.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post

In your Setting-->Preferences-->Site Preferences-->Default User Settings do you have everything ticked? If you don't (such as Journals posted by the followed user) won't show in your notifications automatically. You can also go under Settings-->People-->Followed Users to change the settings on a per person basis! Hopefully that will help.

That or they just haven't posted anything yet. X3

I couldn't stand the new admin and modship changes over at FAF so I came here where I had been before, but when it was a lot slower.
    Now it's great that this place has activity and is a valid alternative, and the best thing is that this isn't a furry forum like the others, but more of a general artist's forums that simply has furries in it.

I joined this site because, well, I join every furry art site that comes down the pike. I signed up during the beta, not realizing that it would explode in popularity after FurAffinity's latest display of hubris.

Personally, I haven't transitioned fully to Weasyl YET, but I'm eagerly awaiting a reason. When that site crumbles because its owner hired Zapp Brannigan to do the coding for him, I'll make the switch in earnest. Weasyl does everything better than FA but its user base is still slim. When things pick up, I'll be more active here (and less there).

I'll be blunt: I'm leaving FA because rape is not a laughing matter to be brushed off with bull-pucky like "don't say anything, or the backlash from his fans will be BAD." I considered leaving during the first go-round of that bit of nasty back in 2010-11 and this iteration merely cinched it for me, along with a few other decisions that made me cringe (how effing hard is it to decide that cub-pronz is a bad idea? Really?). I'm done with a certain admin's questionable approaches to problem-solving and ethics. To say, in effect, that "she'd said no but went through with it anyway so it's not rape" makes me want to scream and smash the little creep over his fat head, him and his precious creator of pronz-Citras. Nepotism sucks. Rape-apologists suck. Victim-blaming and slut-shaming suck. Need I say more? Pardon me, but I have to go use up another box of tissues--fuggin' cold. Blah.
    Last edited by Murrah; 01-28-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: fixed a word :-p

Weasyl
    Rico
    I'm migrating, all I wanna say in regards to that.
    avatar is by me forgetting to change this

Yeah, well... I'm not going into it any further, either. Just bugs me somewhat when people pussy-foot around a topic as difficult as that one. Really, it's not one people should be quiet about, anywhere, in whatever fandom or social group. Rape is a problem that needs to be dealt with... preferably with a baseball bat. *shrugs*

Shuttin' up, now. :-p

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Left years ago, been kind of just hanging around nowhere doing nothing until now. Another forum I was on is far too strict with the rules and it's like walking on eggshells there, been disinterested in it for a few years as well, hung around because there was nowhere else.
    I enjoy Weasyl's forums, nobody is attacking one another, the mods aren't yelling at you or locking threads for the tiniest reason, and there's always someone to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Love the avatar :)