Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What inspires you?

Weasyl
    Border Walker
    Depends on the situation.

• Music, as a form of inspiration, tends to give me ideas more for stories than for artwork itself. Sometimes this translates to artwork, but not often. However, these stories can give me a basis for ideas.
    • Artwork of others. This ranges, but particularly this can be those who have a more comic-like style. Crocdragon89 and Aerokat/Poekat come to mind immediatly. They're style, as well as the style from more Silver and Iron age comics, can inspire me.
    • Movies. Alot of movies can sometimes inspire me. As someone who enjoys the Comic art style, action movies tend to suit it more. However, I've gotten ideas from Surreal and horror movies too, as well as romance.
    • Books give me ideas both for art and stories. Sometimes it's a "What if this character had done this instead?" Which normally would be fanfiction, but I instead end up making it "What if my own characters had ended up in this situation? "
    • Videogames. This kinda falls in the same catagory as movies. Sometimes it gives me a great idea for something. Example: Finishing KOTOR for the upteenth time has given me the creative urge to once more create my own world and put depth and history into it.
    • Nightmares. Not Dreams, Nightmares. I torture my characters, and they hate me for it. Therefore, my nightmares I have tend to actually give me ideas. I don't actually get frightened from them unless they involve drowning for some odd reason, but what would normally classify as a Nightmare actually can inspire me.

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    There's nothing more inspiring than nature! If I could pack a lunch and bring my sketchbook into the woods and just draw all day I'd be the happiest person ever.

Seriously... there are endless variations and colors of birds alone. I want to paint every single bird.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I find inspiration within myself.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Want the honest truth?
    The day I get my painmeds refilled
    The day I get paid
    The day of the race

When I actually GET inspiration to do something, it usually comes from random daydreams during the day at college or from listening to new music.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Music.
    Emotions.
    The art of other people.
    Video games.
    Cartoons / TV shows / movies.
    Comics.
    Seeing a really pretty sky or scenery.
    Dreams.
    Smoking.
    Getting new things / shopping.
    Certain outfits / items / pieces of jewelry.
    Characters that I like / that are interesting.
    Self-indulgent fantasy.
    Boredom.
    Last edited by Vae; 03-06-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash