Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    FancyOwls

MARKDOWN: what does and does not work where?

So I was testing out some of the markdown stuff listed on weasyl's markdown guide: https://www.weasyl.com/help/markdown which states that this stuff works on literary submissions, journals, profile info, and other areas.
    . I was pretty excited by the idea of being able to use the image code listed there in my journals or to make a little makeshift ID for my profile, however when I used the stated code, it made a space where the text itself would occupy, but created no such image. I tried this everywhere I could put code, journals, submissions, profile info. Rest of the code that I tried seems to work ok (granted I only tried a small amount of it), what I want to know if this is an error with the site, or if some of this stuff will only work in places not stated by this guide? If the second, what code can actually be used where?

Weasyl
    grompe

Markdown formatting removes embedded images

I tried markdown formatting in journal submission text and comments.
    Tried to insert an inline image via

![text](link)

and in both cases in preview area it was shown as expected, whereas in submitted content it was missing.

I am having the same problem. I saw where fancyowls had posted about this problem back on the 4th I dont think it was ever replied to so I wonder if this problem hasn't been fixed yet or just acting up again. This would be a very nice feature, hope it gets fixed soon.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    When I edit a journal I can see the image showing up, however when finalized the image is completely missing. So, I'm also having the same issue.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Yep this is bug and has been added to the bug tracker (image embedding is disabled so preview should be showing the final result, which is no images). We'll fix it when we can.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk

Issue with Markdown and images

So I tried embedding an image to my latest journal using Markdown and in the journal preview, it showed that the image was way too big so I figured "It's alright, it's gonna scale down like it does on the forums" so I posted my journal but nope, it just disappears completely.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    So I tried embedding an image to my latest journal using Markdown and in the journal preview, it showed that the image was way too big so I figured "It's alright, it's gonna scale down like it does on the forums" so I posted my journal but nope, it just disappears completely.
    Merging your thread with the main thread about this issue (seriously I think this is the 4th thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Merging your thread with the main thread about this issue (seriously I think this is the 4th thread)
    People don't watch :p

But indeed, I saw it too, then I saw this, Lets hope it's fixed soon then

Weasyl
    FancyOwls
    Anyone here?

Weasyl
    Amber-Aria
    Oop! I've seen it mentioned in a couple other threads that image embedding in profiles, journals, and the like is currently disabled. So unfortunately, at least right now, you can't use any image embedding in Markdown.

http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/s...mbedded-images One of the mods addresses it here.