Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    Being a premium feature wouldn't make it any less annoying in the eyes of those who deem it as such, I would think.
    It'd depend how intrusively implemented it is. Most Features Premium members have are very subtle, so a subtle implementation like allowing 3 avatars (akin to Xbox live). Having a million avatars and turning it into MSN would be stupid and annoying I agree, but if it's implemented in a way that you'd be oblivious to it if you didn't know it existed would be nice. (Like the larger Premium icons)

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I just wanted to note that if you introduce things like 3rd party sharing through avenues like Facebook or Google plus, the Terms of Service would change, and those that do not speak "lawyerese" would have a field day thinking that Weasyl was given rights to your art that it shouldn't have.

This is from experience from every time the TOS has been changed to reflect a new way of sharing art and re-posting it.

Weasyl
    xarg
    That sounds a bit like pointless fearmongering. Yes, every time the terms get changed it does raise the relative heat of the atmosphere in the community, but that does not mean that the staff should necessarily have to fail to communicate the purpose and effects of the changes in layman's terms. All it takes is a bit of planning ahead to inform the community of changes coming, and then not taking half a year with implementing said promised changes. When people expect something, it's not as much of a shock. With proper communication, any legit changes should not meet any strong resistance.

Of course there will always be those jumping at the opportunity to spread FUD because this is the doomsday and it was foretold by the changing terms, but all the staff can do is make sure everybody is well informed of what is actually going on to render those rumors powerless.

Though I do have to admit, I do like the concept of sharing art you like to social media for a larger audience. As long as the site supports it properly, it's just going to give everyone more visibility.
    Last edited by xarg; 02-09-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Could always be an optional premium feature? It's not necessary, but it might be a nice thing to have
    That seems like a good compromise. I don't mind if other people have it and wouldn't mind having it if it were implemented like on LJ/Dreamwidth (where you can choose from a list and have defaults). My problem with it on SoFurry is that I can't turn it off.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    That sounds a bit like pointless fearmongering.

Of course there will always be those jumping at the opportunity to spread FUD because this is the doomsday and it was foretold by the changing terms, but all the staff can do is make sure everybody is well informed of what is actually going on to render those rumors powerless.
    No, there's a difference between fearmongering and just reminding people that it does require a TOS change and that people shouldn't fear but understand why. Most people who are not privy to this discussion wouldn't necessarily know why these changes happen, so from past experience from website management I'm simply stating that it's something to expect.