Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion

Physical activities!

Believe it or not, there actually is a world outside of your computer, TV, kitchen, and bedroom! //GASP
    Anyway, this should be a thread about physical activities, be it sports, fitness, outdoorsy things, or anything else that gets something aside from your fingers and eyes moving! C:

What do you do to stay fit? What do you like doing? And why? Is there anything you have ever wanted to try but have been to afraid of doing?

I, personally, am a recently new gymnast (as of last October). I'd always wanted to do it but I was unable to convince my parents to let me until now. It's really fun, even if the most amazing thing I can do is a crappy front handspring <: Or the splits. I'm very flexible, and gymnastics training makes me even more so! I'm currently working on left oversplits. It's very fun! I'm not really good at much outside of flexibility though, to be honest. When I was younger I swam a lot.

--update--
    I realized a little late and with the help of a facetious comment that this has the potential to go really not pg-13 really quick, so let us make sure that this stays pg-13. i.e. sex does not count as a physical activity in this thread and we will not be discussing it here.
    Also, yes, I realize that this thread is kind of a broad topic, but I figured that given the nature of the furry fandom, there would be so few people actually participating in something like this that we wouldn't have the need for multiple individualized threads.
    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 01-20-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Clarifications

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Believe it or not, there actually is a world outside of your computer, TV, kitchen, and bedroom! //GASP
    What is this heresy, I don't even... To the stake with this one!

Also, inb4 non-PG13 related responses.

On a serious note, I haven't had much time to do my usual stuff due to weather/location/etc, buuuut my biggest physical activities are playing basketball, horseback riding, ice skating, swimming, Tabata Method home workouts, tossing a ball around, and playing guitar. Which yes, that is a physical activity! I used to bike ride daily, too, until I had a bad accident.

Basketball is just amazing to play with people as long as they're chill, and if you've never been horseback riding.. well, let's just say you need to do it. Few things exist like feeling the heat generated from a hardworking horse, and the effort of every muscle in your body needing to hold on and be in the best riding posture.

I want to basejump before I die, even if it causes my death. I'm afraid to do it, but I will if given the opportunity.

Well this is one very broad topic.
    If your wondering what I do well there is a vast number of things.
    I enjoy the outdoors so you can find me there quite often.

Usually I ride my bicycle most places, with that I also enjoy hiking, walks, basketball, badminton, swimming , soccer, capture the flag, dodgeball, football, gardening and most recently archery. I could go on forever talking about this stuff, but I'Ll choose to stop here

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Well this is one very broad topic.
    I figured that given the nature of the fandom, there probably wouldn't be enough to even make this a thread to begin with, let alone split it up into more specific and smaller threads. :V

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    I figured that given the nature of the fandom, there probably wouldn't be enough to even make this a thread to begin with, let alone split it up into more specific and smaller threads. :V

Yes, I can understand that, though I feel something like this will just be filled with lists of things people like to do rather then a discussion based on one topic.

I'm a former highschool athlete turned sad, out of shape lump.

Though lately, Belly dancing has come off really interesting, so I am gradually learning that while trying to lose weight/gain strength, It's a start

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I am a man of the bicycle. As soon as the weather warms up I'll be biking every chance I get. If I'm not biking I'm walking aimlessly around the city.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Does sculpture count?

Really though, I longboard and am thinking of picking up running and/or yoga.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzy View Post
    Does sculpture count?

Really though, I longboard and am thinking of picking up running and/or yoga.
    Yoga is great! I wish I did yoga. I don't really know how and I can't find anywhere to do it, or the time to set aside specifically for it :c

I go rock wall climbing every other week