Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Vae
    A friend gave me some weights.
    Unfortunately, they're really small (2 lbs each, I believe?), so I just hold both in one arm and do curls for about an hour or so.

I also have 5lb weights for my ankles, so I do leg lifts with those for about an hour.

I just do it whenever I have time, I guess.

I'd like to get a decent weight set. It's just a matter of money.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    A friend gave me some weights.
    Unfortunately, they're really small (2 lbs each, I believe?)

I also have 5lb weights for my ankles
    It's not the size that matters... it's what you do with it. Pfftt!

So umm... been wasting my gym membership. I've been a useless sack of lazy the last month and a half. I can't afford to not go to the gym I'm paying for. UGH. What is wrong with me? Summerismymostactivetime wtf?

Weasyl
    JeyTheHusky
    i'm officially a marathoner as of last year, but i mainly do half marathons. my training runs consist of a few 10ks a week for general conditioning. i generally don't have to train for a 5k or 10k but some maintenance is required for a half marathon. i run outside of course, but have a gym membership to run inside if it's too dang hot outside. i also do general weight lifting/etc in between my run days for general fitness.
    HF#4448 | IG: Sultanpprshkr | me: Disneyland, food (burgers!), dogs, HRC advocate, crafter/Etsy
    hiring: artists to help make my fursona! headshots, avatars, ref sheets, etc! please pm me!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by jeythehusky View Post
    i'm officially a marathoner as of last year, but i mainly do half marathons. my training runs consist of a few 10ks a week for general conditioning. i generally don't have to train for a 5k or 10k but some maintenance is required for a half marathon. i run outside of course, but have a gym membership to run inside if it's too dang hot outside. i also do general weight lifting/etc in between my run days for general fitness.
    I am soooo not a runner... you get a pawbump for that ~.~ /pawbump

Weasyl
    JeyTheHusky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    I am soooo not a runner... you get a pawbump for that ~.~ /pawbump
    i wouldn't consider myself a runner either, i'm neither fit nor fast, but i go as i can. ^_^ thanks.
    HF#4448 | IG: Sultanpprshkr | me: Disneyland, food (burgers!), dogs, HRC advocate, crafter/Etsy
    hiring: artists to help make my fursona! headshots, avatars, ref sheets, etc! please pm me!

Weasyl
    lilshark
    As of the past three months I've started going to the gym for strength training. I started being able to do only 10 lbs on a dumbbell bench press and now I am up to 25lbs and can deadlift 155 lbs from 130.

I doubt I'll ever be someones fitspiration but dang I am really enjoying the energy you get from working out regularly and getting a little bit of confidence is an awesome thing.

Besides that, are there any trail hikers here? My SO and I have been gearing up for the past two years and hiking 12+ miles on good weekends. We are hoping to do the John Muir trail one of these days.
    Last edited by lilshark; 08-25-2015 at 10:56 AM.

I've been working out most of my life but the last few years tried to get really serious about it. It seems like every time I'm making real progress something derails me and I have to pick back up where I left off. So just coming out of a roughly 2 month long spell of depression and getting back into it as of a week or two ago. This time I have a feeling is going to be different though. The last time was the same just, you can't avoid some things throwing you off course.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshark View Post
    Besides that, are there any trail hikers here? My SO and I have been gearing up for the past two years and hiking 12+ miles on good weekends. We are hoping to do the John Muir trail one of these days.
    I don't go on terribly long ones, but I do like a good hike / walk through the woods.

My sister and I did the Manitou Incline yesterday which, while only 0.8 miles, consisted of almost nothing but steep steps straight up a mountain.

The trail back down from it was a lot more leisurely, but 4 miles long. Gorgeous scenery, though.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I don't go on terribly long ones, but I do like a good hike / walk through the woods.

My sister and I did the Manitou Incline yesterday which, while only 0.8 miles, consisted of almost nothing but steep steps straight up a mountain.

The trail back down from it was a lot more leisurely, but 4 miles long. Gorgeous scenery, though.
    I just looked that up and dang those stairs must be murder on the legs.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshark View Post
    As of the past three months I've started going to the gym for strength training. I started being able to do only 10 lbs on a dumbbell bench press and now I am up to 25lbs and can deadlift 155 lbs from 130.

I doubt I'll ever be someones fitspiration but dang I am really enjoying the energy you get from working out regularly and getting a little bit of confidence is an awesome thing.

I haven't done committed strength training in years, but I really liked it when I did and yes, it definitely helped with both energy and confidence. Let alone I did gain some muscle mass that has stuck with me. I jumped from 120lbs to 150lbs. Now adays though I've dropped back down in to the 140s. :/

On to your question though, I LOVE hiking. It is the best thing ever. That's one of the main things I did on summer family trips and such. Let alone just exploring the forested regions of my town. I don't usually go 12 miles... but at the same time I can be outside all day so I might have gone that many miles running around with cousins and being retarded. My guy and I usually go to Petite Jean mountain in Arkansas. The most beautiful place I've been though it Fall Creek Falls, Tennessee. It is where producers filmed the live action Jungle Book movie and it is the closest thing that the U.S. has to rain forest.