Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshark View Post
    I just looked that up and dang those stairs must be murder on the legs.
    It was. It feels like I fell from two stories up, right onto my ass.

But it was a nice walk,
    and we paced ourselves.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    It was. It feels like I fell from two stories up, right onto my ass.

But it was a nice walk,
    and we paced ourselves.
    That's awesome! Stuff like that hurts like hell but the experience is so worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    I haven't done committed strength training in years, but I really liked it when I did and yes, it definitely helped with both energy and confidence. Let alone I did gain some muscle mass that has stuck with me. I jumped from 120lbs to 150lbs. Now adays though I've dropped back down in to the 140s. :/

On to your question though, I LOVE hiking. It is the best thing ever. That's one of the main things I did on summer family trips and such. Let alone just exploring the forested regions of my town. I don't usually go 12 miles... but at the same time I can be outside all day so I might have gone that many miles running around with cousins and being retarded. My guy and I usually go to Petite Jean mountain in Arkansas. The most beautiful place I've been though it Fall Creek Falls, Tennessee. It is where producers filmed the live action Jungle Book movie and it is the closest thing that the U.S. has to rain forest.
    That place sounds amazing, I'll have to look that up. If I ever find myself in the are of the south I'll have to look it up.

Weasyl
    maugryph
    I swim.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    I've been working out most of my life but the last few years tried to get really serious about it. It seems like every time I'm making real progress something derails me and I have to pick back up where I left off. So just coming out of a roughly 2 month long spell of depression and getting back into it as of a week or two ago. This time I have a feeling is going to be different though. The last time was the same just, you can't avoid some things throwing you off course.
    Hey wow, I can imagine prolonged depression must be hard so I congratulate you on your progress. It definitely shows how well you do from the few selfies you posted, hehe, I was going to make a joke about how your body molested my eyes in another thread (Wasnt sure how offensive to others or tactless that would be) Wasnt expecting to see a shirtless picture, lol

Quote Originally Posted by WolfNightV4X1 View Post
    Hey wow, I can imagine prolonged depression must be hard so I congratulate you on your progress. It definitely shows how well you do from the few selfies you posted, hehe, I was going to make a joke about how your body molested my eyes in another thread (Wasnt sure how offensive to others or tactless that would be) Wasnt expecting to see a shirtless picture, lol
    Hah, just when I could use the positive reinforcement too ;3 No joke, I love showing it off for people because all love is real love. I actually just came back here to mention I was starting to incorporate more hiking and strongman type stuff into it. I keep finding all these logs and beams of various lengths and weights, I go barefoot a lot now like "some ancient Chinese master" taught me a long time ago. So yeah, being a IRL Tarzan is a physical activity. Except swimming because I'm afraid of what's in the water here. I played too much Resident Evils.

edit: Actually, brain-eating amoebas are some real shit and ain't nothin' to fuck with. That legit terrifies me. You know, some people would say that's paranoid, eh? I'm afraid of a bullet in the brain to. I'm not likely to catch one to the dome but if I do I'm probably dead or brain-damaged for life. If I catch a brain-eating microscopic organism, guess what, I'm just dead.
    Last edited by Wolf-Bone; 09-05-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I used to love playing basketball and martial arts. Unfortunately when I was 18 I broke my Tibial Plateau in martial arts class which left me with a load bearing plate and very little cartilage in my left knee. Doc said I should avoid high impact sports, and if it were to break it again, there is not enough bone to screw into meaning the leg goes bye-bye. I kinda did this until last year, just relying on working on my feet and walking the dogs to stay in shape. Not until I had to chase one of the dogs who got off leash did I realize how out of shape I was. I absolutely hated it.

I set a goal to complete a Tough Mudder. I started a diet and jogging. When I started I could only go about 100 yards until I was out of breath. 5 months later at the Tough Mudder, I had lost 30 lbs and was able to jog the first full mile. Dang near killed me, but I finished. Ughhh I still remember the hanging electric wires. First 5 shocks I shrugged off but #6 tased me right in the face. Dropped to my knees and went face first into the mud. Overall I bruised a few ribs, was bleeding all over, but was probably the most fun I ever had.

I am by no means in great shape now but the dog goes with me on a 2.5mi jog/walk (walk to jog ratio set by my knee)a few times a week. I wear a 20lb set of weights on my legs around the house a lot, occasionally doing different exercises with them. Upper body strength is something I still want to work on. Thinking about hanging a heavy bag in the garage and maybe making some type of pull up bar to bolt to the beams in there though most of my exercise is just being on my feet 12 or so hours a day. Scuba diving is something I would eventually like to get back into as there are many large lakes out here and cowboy action shooting would be fun to have a go at, but both are out of my budget right now.

Didn't mean to make this a life story, but that sums up my physical activity.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Was all pumped to get back into Tennis, but the only close court to us requires a membership (& I ain't payin' monthly for that!). I could play against a brick wall but eh... Guess it doesn't matter too much considering public courts will be locked for the season, but next year I'm screwed.

Time to take up a cheaper sport!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I enjoy skateboarding, riding dirt bikes, snowboarding.. things of that nature. I was never really into ball sports much.

Weasyl
    Amethyst Mare
    I spend an hour or so in the gym every day weight lifting and go horse riding on the weekends. I love being active but also love to spend time reading and writing in my free time (I produce a lot of writing that is posted here and put together for future projects).
    Writer open for commissions!
    https://www.weasyl.com/profile/amethystmare

Ebooks: https://sellfy.com/arianmabe
    Kindle: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arian-Mabe/e..._athr_dp_pel_1

Support my Patreon to read early and access exclusive short story collections & novel chapters!
    https://www.patreon.com/arianmabe

I only really started getting serious about working out this year. Started a couch to 5k program in March and now I can do the whole 5k without stopping, been able to do so for about 3 months now. I'm working up to reach 10k slowly and might sign up for a half marathon next year. Usually when I'm done with a run I'll do weights and strength training at home, I hate the idea of working out in a gym. Sometimes I swim too.

I suffer from minor depression as well and running really helps take the edge off. It was hard going at first to motivate myself to get out and actually do it, but I grew to really enjoy it and now I usually look forward to going for a run after work most days. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight from running because I still eat like shit, but I feel better than I have in years.
    WE'RE RED, YOU'RE DEAD