Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there! Anyone else moving here from DeviantART?

Hey all.
    Just wondering if anyone is coming here from DeviantART?

I MIGHT be... I dunno yet.
    I might still use both.

But I love Weasyl's layout and features... it's so user friendly! I adore it.

But with all the drama going on with DeviantART,
    I thought maybe this would be a nice new start.
    What about you guys?

I'm hesitant to do so after spending 8 years on it, but I feel a change is needed after it's been going downhill with admins not doing their job right and premium features that are becoming more and more predominant to the point that I'm getting sick of it.

Chances are, I'm going to go through with the move because I got a non-number name and this place isn't flooded with overwhelmingly abundant talent making it feel more casual and accepting.

Otherwise I like the lack of content censoring for obvious reasons as well as the layouts. Everything seems nice and homely here.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Matt
    Welcome, dudes. DA held most my work for a while, but I haven't been there in years. Sad to hear it's been poorly recently, but glad to have you here.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yo yo yo! Welcome to Wazzyl! It's a magical place!

With the way things have been lately there, I wouldn't blame you for finding someplace else to reside.

Though, not gonna lie, I've made an account here as a backup to my main on dA. LOL

Welcome to Weasyl!

Personally, I still use deviantART, though both Weasyl and dA are like side-by-side main accounts for my art.
    Glad to see more deviants coming to Weasyl, though! c:

Weasyl
    thatbluetiger
    I came here from dA, too, but I'm still active on there. The drama is kind of fun to watch, heh, and when my art isn't good enough to trace/steal, I got nothing to lose. Welcome to Weasyl all the same. I have been here for two days and so far it's wonderful

Weasyl
    shane
    Welcome to Weasyl! It seems that despite any drama that there may be on other sites, so long as it is big and can get them a lot of exposure, people will continue to use it - and in many cases they have to because a majority of their customers are there.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I've been on DA but barely use it these days. I also have a CGhub account. But I wanted a place for my hobby and fun work. So Weasyl fits this nicely since I don't always draw just furry work.

So welcome aboard, I like seeing members from all sorts of places and all kinds of artwork

Weasyl
    Tariro
    I'm thinking of moving here from dA too...glad to see that I'm not alone!!