Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Caenish
    What got me into the fandom was probably growing up in the late 80's/early 90's where nearly every cool cartoon character was an anthro of some sort.

Between that and being bought some of the Redwall books, I was well on track to finding out about furry in the late 90's when I finally got access to an internet connection and I started searching for these things on something like Lycos. I remember I found a few forums and got into MUCKs and kind of just went with it from there :p

Weasyl
    Not-a-DJ
    Was browsing some webcomic hosting site. Found a furry webcomic. Read it from start to finish, having no clue the fandom existed. Noticed the author talking about it. Googled it. Realized I was one of us. Resisted for a while, then fell into the abyss completely. It's cozy down here.

Weasyl
    lichdog
    For me, it was roleplaying on neopets...and trolling furries on Furcadia that got me to realize, HEY THESE GUYS ARE COOL!

But back when I was roleplaying on NP I didn't know what anthro was called, I always thought they were cool though.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Sonic the hedgehog is what got me into the fandom. 16 years later and Im still a fur.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    it was exposure to furry art on deviant art that got me into the fandom in the first place. at first I denied it because I was constantly tormented by classmates at the time but eventually I just didn't give a fuck.
    so yeah still a furry.

Weasyl
    Riff
    I think I've more or less always been a furry? Ever since I can remember, I would make anthro characters (and have one to represent myself) just because I thought it was cool, even before I knew what a furry was. The first time I heard the term was either on Chickensmoothie or dA, and I've just sort of stuck with it ever since then.

Sonic the hedgehog.
    not only did that start me in the furry fandom, but also was the beginning of my artistic talent.
    because I started drawing sonic characters, my art since then has been mostly animals and furriness just came after that.
    I was a little hesitant to join the fandom because of all the horrible stuff people say, but eventually I was like screw it. I am a furry.

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    I feel like OP wasn't asking how you became interested in the content the fandom celebrates. I think OP wants to know more about how you actually found out there was a fandom for the thing you liked and what made you decide to cross the line from vague interest into that obsession.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    I blame Disney. Anthropomorphized talking animals and such. When I saw Treasure Planet, I instantly had a crush on Captain Amelia. :3

Weasyl
    Ekho
    I wanna say it was through the site Elfwood when I was around 13 or 14. My brother used to look at it for other stuff, but I remember seeing anthro/furry characters there and really liking them. Then a few years later I discovered VCL and I was off from there.