Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    rather guiltily, starfox adventures got me into the furry fandom.

imagine a maturing 12 year old, in full pubescent swing... now imagine his reaction when nintendo, a company he grew up with, brings out a game with a bright blue, scantily clad vixen on the cover.

i was gone ever since

In 2003 a buddy told me about deviant art. The rest is history.

Weasyl
    Keishu13
    I dont know but I was once an everyday joe and then bam, i got hit by a magical furry rocket c:

Weasyl
    Kat
    My best friend introduced me to the furry fandom! She had always been a rather remarkable furry artist but it wasn't until she started working on her fursuit that i really took much notice. I thought it was just so cool. Then I guess I just slowly waded into the fandom myself.

I never really knew what the fandom was and I don't think I've ever acknowledged it as anything until just a year or two ago. I've always been into "animals"; my family temporarily owning many pet businesses, only being allowed to play Crash Bandicoot and Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid, yada yada.

I'm pretty sure I heard of the fandom online, but it wasn't anything I was disgusted or interested in. I only took any real notice of it two years ago when I was dating some butt-hat who was picking on his friend for being a furry. Sadly, I joined in the teasing and further lost interest in the fandom at that time.
    :'I
    Though, I was reintroduced through a close friend and her interest in fursuiting.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Like many other furs, I feel that I've always had a certain affinity towards animals and anthropomorphic characters, especially canines. This was cultivated probably by disney movies, cartoons, and other such things geared towards kids where anthro characters were typically present. Interestingly enough, I was made aware of the fandom proper by none other than Encyclopedia Dramatica. Their article on furries was hilarious, and I started looking into the fandom because "wow, joking aside that pretty much sounds like me."
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I had known about the fandom for like 10 years, but I only got into in because of my ex-GF who is a furry, and made me step out the closet, partially anyway. Most people do not know about my furry tendencies, there's just so much hate towards the whole fandom...

Weasyl
    Epitome Fox
    I played furcadia for years. Not everyone who plays is a furry. I denied anything to do with being a furry, other than the game, but if I was on dA, I found myself looking at all the cool fursuits. Out of curiosity, I went to a local furcon, experienced the community, fell in love with the sense of openness and acceptance there... I met a fursuit maker... I commissioned a head.... the end. XP

I've always liked drawing animals and animal characters since I was a child. I remember when I came up with the totally original idea of a character who's half cat and half human. (I called her a 'Hucat.')

However, I didn't know the furry fandom even existed until after I got engaged-my husband had been pretty into the fandom when he was younger. He introduced me to his favorite furry comics from then-Circles and and Better Days. They got me excited about drawing my own furry art.

Weasyl
    ASTA
    A youtube comment that detailed the OP's desire to see an Argonian from the TES series and a sanghili from the Halo universe sexing one another. The video showcased a series of Morrowind mods.

Then I clicked the dude's channel.

The rest is history.