Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Script's Avatar
    Weasyl
    saccharine
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5

    NBC's New Show Hannibal

    Come on, there has gotta be people on here that watch it other than me. If you don't watch Hannibal, you need to stop what you're doing and do so, because Bryan Fuller has made a new TV show on NBC and it is amazing. For those that have any background in the Hannibal series, this is kind of like... a strange alternate universe Hannibal, so don't expect things to end up how they actually do, haha. The female characters are well-developed, the cinematography is beautiful, and the writing is incredibly captivating. It does have its fair share of disturbing imagery and themes, but that isn't too surprising, considering it is based off of a series about a cannibalistic serial killer.

    On topic with this, anyone a fan of Bryan Fuller in general? I watched Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies when they aired on TV some time ago, but that's all I've seen from him in particular. I know he worked on Deep Space Nine, and another show that I'm forgetting... ? Point is, he's written other stuff.

    The trailer for season 2 premieres tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited. How about you guys?
    [insert cool image here]

  2. #2
    Senior SirCoffeecup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The cold north
    Posts
    903
    I'm not sure I'd call it a "new" show since it's been around for quite some time now, but yes, I love it.
    The main character's descent into madness was captivating and I liked how Hannibal was portrayed.
    I had some gripes with how oblivious the cops were, but the last episode changed it and I can't wait to see the second season.

  3. #3
    Love it! The cinematography is amazing and I love the story thus far. All the actors are amazing (especially Hugh Dancy). It's definitely not for the faint of heart though, and I'm surprised by how much gore they get away with on regular tv (as apposed to cable).

  4. #4
    Regular Zerig's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    43
    I saw the title to this thread and I thought you meant a show about Hannibal Barca. I got excited, rushed to google it, and had all my hopes crushed.

    You jerk :V

  5. #5
    Junior Script's Avatar
    Weasyl
    saccharine
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call it a "new" show since it's been around for quite some time now, but yes, I love it.
    The main character's descent into madness was captivating and I liked how Hannibal was portrayed.
    I had some gripes with how oblivious the cops were, but the last episode changed it and I can't wait to see the second season.
    To be fair, I still think it is 2010, so a show that started in 2013 seems like it happened last week. But yeah, I can agree with how the cops were acting in the beginning, but it played out really nicely. I'm excited to see how the series will go, because quite honestly, I'm a little at a loss. They have me not predicting what will happen, which is pretty rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by PencilCat View Post
    Love it! The cinematography is amazing and I love the story thus far. All the actors are amazing (especially Hugh Dancy). It's definitely not for the faint of heart though, and I'm surprised by how much gore they get away with on regular tv (as apposed to cable).
    Apparently, during one of the "angel" scenes, the nude bodies they were using were showing too much skin to be put on television. So they covered them with more fake blood and apparently that got through the censors. Not that I'm complaining - it wouldn't be much of a serial killer show if it refused to show some gore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerig View Post
    I saw the title to this thread and I thought you meant a show about Hannibal Barca. I got excited, rushed to google it, and had all my hopes crushed.

    You jerk :V
    Just as planned. [dastardly laughing in the distance]
    [insert cool image here]

  6. #6
    Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Gender
    Caramel Frappe
    Posts
    134
    I'm a Fannibal. It's the only fandom on Tumblr I take part in. :3

  7. #7
    Senior SirCoffeecup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The cold north
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiGreyScale View Post
    I'm a Fannibal. It's the only fandom on Tumblr I take part in. :3
    Oh mein gott. This kills me.
    What do "Fannibals" even do?
    Eat each other?

  8. #8
    Premium User Unburnt Daenerys's Avatar
    Weasyl
    meris
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    101
    I watched this recently, it was very good! I especially like some of the references to the books by Thomas Harris. The gore can be too much sometimes. Also Will is a precious baby and don't want him to hurt.

  9. #9
    Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Gender
    Caramel Frappe
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Oh mein gott. This kills me.
    What do "Fannibals" even do?
    Eat each other?
    We plot each others deaths.

    =D

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •