Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recent Downtime

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Good work Batman and staff.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by yokare View Post
    the site still isn't working for me. i flushed my dns cache several times and restarted my computer as well, but no luck.

i waited for a bit since i figured it'd just take some time but it's an hour and a half since the site was reported to be back up and it still isn't connecting, it just times out eventually.

sorry to be a bother, but i'm not sure if this is something to do with me or the servers.
    Some ISPs engage in the practice of DNS caching as well so don't feel bad.
    I used to have this issue a lot with certain providers.

Thank you for the updates, it is very appreciated.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by yokare View Post
    the site still isn't working for me. i flushed my dns cache several times and restarted my computer as well, but no luck.

i waited for a bit since i figured it'd just take some time but it's an hour and a half since the site was reported to be back up and it still isn't connecting, it just times out eventually.

sorry to be a bother, but i'm not sure if this is something to do with me or the servers.
    As QT pointed out, some ISP's use DNS caching to reduce load on their end. You might try using Google's public DNS and see if that works for you. Otherwise, it should resolve itself when your provider's cache expires, though when that is could be as short as a few minutes to hours or days, depending on how aggressive it is.

Personally, I use Google DNS regardless, since it's more reliable and generally faster than my ISP's DNS servers.

Weasyl
    yokare
    thank you so much! i switched to google's public DNS and everything works fine now.

much appreciated!!

I've done all the things mentioned with the exception of the Public DNS (not my computer).
    The site is still not working for me. So, is the site still down or is there more I should try?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGypsy View Post
    I've done all the things mentioned with the exception of the Public DNS (not my computer).
    The site is still not working for me. So, is the site still down or is there more I should try?
    The site is technically online, however you will just have to wait I'm afraid.

(You could try running "ipconfig -flushdns" in command prompt but that will probably not help much.)

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedGypsy View Post
    Well, aside from switching to public DNS or switching to a different network, it's a waiting game unfortunately. DNS record changes (which occurred as a result of the DDoS) can take up to 48 hours to go out over every ISP out there, since a lot of them cache DNS pretty aggressively.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Thanks for the hard work folks!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Thank you so much for your work!

Seems like those on Virgin Media in the UK are able to connect by doing the DNS change method stated above. If you can't do this, they should probably have updated their own records by tomorrow morning which should resolve any issues still ongoing.