Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How did you find Weasyl?

Weasyl
    Pax
    Many artists I follow had been giving links to their Weasyl pages, and someone from a site I'm fairly active in decided to move his commissions here, hence why I got curious enough to sign-up.

I'm a bit daunted because it seems most of the people here are anthro/animal artists, whereas I can't draw them too well, and wonder if human art is against the rules. (I do some anthro work, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Many artists I follow had been giving links to their Weasyl pages, and someone from a site I'm fairly active in decided to move his commissions here, hence why I got curious enough to sign-up.

I'm a bit daunted because it seems most of the people here are anthro/animal artists, whereas I can't draw them too well, and wonder if human art is against the rules. (I do some anthro work, though.)
    Weasyl is a catch-all art site. We have a large furry population, but we have plenty of human/other artists, musicians, and writers which have no relation to the furry fandom. So, draw and post as much human art as you please! :)

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Weasyl is a catch-all art site. We have a large furry population, but we have plenty of human/other artists, musicians, and writers which have no relation to the furry fandom. So, draw and post as much human art as you please!
    wazzyl was originally intended as a general art site more like dA, not just a furry art site like FA :u But then for some reason (the staff happened to have all furry friends? i don't remember) it just happened to attract a lot of furries. But no worries. It's very much a general art site <: All are welcome~

Many journals in FA, then a scandal happened, then I said "holy shit, what is going on?? Need to find a backup site", then I said "I like the layout afterall, good lets create an account" then the rest is story.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    This was in 2013, at least four to five months after I had joined.
    oh! well. I know nothing about that.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    I clicked Forum on the weasyl page for this c:
    Otherwise, I heard the art site from people mentioning it.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

I found Weasyl through a couple of people I watch on dA and FA, and I really wish this site had more users because I really like the features it has that many other sites lack, such as the stream viewing (though sofurry does have that). And a lot of artists on this site with beautiful work go unrecognized simply because there aren't many users in the first place.

Weasyl
    Unf.
    I heard about it on another site I used to go on, when things got weird on that site and I no longer felt comfortable going on the other one I made an account here, can say I am very pleased so far!

Weasyl
    IcyJellyfish
    Some people I watch on deviantART had mentioned Weasyl and posted links to their profiles, and I thought it looked nice and decided to make an account.

Weasyl
    Aster
    I heard talk of some fancy-schmancy new artsite that was being built, but was invite-only (probably from FA?).
    Checked it out, and signed up on the forum. Forgot about it.
    A few months later, a bunch of people were like "oh, Weasyl is open beta now!"
    So I signed up a day later, and promptly forgot about the site again because no one was posting art.
    Then FA went down and Weasyl became more active, and now I spend far too much time on this webiste...
    don't mind me; i'm just insane