Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How did you find Weasyl?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #101

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    I heard about it in administrative chatter on a site I used to use, and scoped it out. When I left that particular site, this was the natural place to migrate to.

Funnily enough, this also explains why my forum account is older than mainsite even though both are from after the invite stage.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    I got it to follow Kayla-Na but never actually visited until "homg leevin fa 5evar"

some months ago, searched for fanart of a pokeyman (sigilyph), found a picture posted to weasyl, assumed weasyl was a brand new site (had no idea it was around for at least 2 years at that point), bookmarked it, only recently remembered it existed.

I'm a big fan of Lynn's artwork, and I've followed her on Tumblr for awhile now. Last month she hosted a livestream and mentioned this website, so I thought I'd check it out. I've been looking for an alternative to devART and Tumblr for a while now, and so far it's a good fit

Weasyl
    Kelly
    Throught a little naughty picture

I was just getting back into the fandom when I heard about this site and decided to check it out. The site I found it on I actually left

Weasyl
    TrashQueen
    I heard about it when Dragoneer had some shady admin choices (a large chunk of evidence showed he hired a rapist) and I saw a post saying "a lot of furries are jumping ship to weasyl", so I too jumped ship to weasyl.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashQueen View Post
    I heard about it when Dragoneer had some shady admin choices (a large chunk of evidence showed he hired a rapist) and I saw a post saying "a lot of furries are jumping ship to weasyl", so I too jumped ship to weasyl.
    The shitstorm it caused on the Furaffinity forums was massive - there's plenty of dead threads here on the topic, too.

Weasyl
    t_iii
    Heard chatter about Weasyl on Furraffinity, and through friends on twitter and elsewhere ages ago. Finally got around to signing up.

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    I heard about that stuff that went down at FA after I moved here actually.. (In part due to an over-a-year hiatus which i got back from at the beginning of this month)

I found weasyl via a conversation on the furtopia IRC - I had been griping about FA's primitive software and not liking DA's monetization system and so someone pointed me to weasyl. Poked around, things seemed functioning and people seemed nice, and so here I am.