Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I've only heard this song from them. It's great and why it's a guilty pleasure is because my musical diet is mostly progrock and growly metal :U
    Ahhhh. You should check out their other songs. They're really cool and interesting <: I usually don't like folk-rock type stuff but they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Ahhhh. You should check out their other songs. They're really cool and interesting <: I usually don't like folk-rock type stuff but they're awesome.
    I'd call them more folk pop than rock, but sure, I'll give them a go soon enough.

I just like the chorus of this song too much.
    "Don't listen to a word I say.
    The streets of solomon sang.
    And though the truth may vary, but
    this ship will carry our
    bodies safe to shore"

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I'd call them more folk pop than rock, but sure, I'll give them a go soon enough.

I just like the chorus of this song too much.
    "Don't listen to a word I say.
    The streets of solomon sang.
    And though the truth may vary, but
    this ship will carry our
    bodies safe to shore"
    It's "the screams all sound the same" not "the streets of solomon sang"
    But yeah
    It's nice <: Their lyrics are really interesting and pretty, albeit absurd and nonsensical most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    It's "the screams all sound the same" not "the streets of solomon sang"
    But yeah
    It's nice <: Their lyrics are really interesting and pretty, albeit absurd and nonsensical most of the time.
    I swear I read the Solomon bit in the lyrics somewhere. Makes sense too with the start of the chorus so I never doubted it. I didn't remember the lyrics so I googled them in school and there they were, streets of solomon.
    http://www.releaselyrics.com/cc11/of...-little-talks/

Well, this only means I need to give that song a go right now.

Most lyrics nowadays are "damg" or something like that. "'Deep' and meaningless garbage". As long as it sounds good when sang, I don't really care.

E: yeah it sounds more like the screams and so forth, but I can understand the mixup someone made when they listened to it and tried writing it down.
    Last edited by SirCoffeecup; 01-25-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I swear I read the Solomon bit in the lyrics somewhere. Makes sense too with the start of the chorus so I never doubted it. I didn't remember the lyrics so I googled them in school and there they were, streets of solomon.
    http://www.releaselyrics.com/cc11/of...-little-talks/

Well, this only means I need to give that song a go right now.

Most lyrics nowadays are "damg" or something like that. "'Deep' and meaningless garbage". As long as it sounds good when sang, I don't really care.
    Hmm. Other places say screams, and I hear screams when I listen to it. sources x, x.

You should listen to other songs! If you like rock, you might like Six Weeks better. Dunno though. P:

I think even if it doesn't necessarily make sense, it's really pretty words and descriptions. And some of them have really cute or sweet lines.
    "I met a man today and he smiled back at me. Now, there are thoughts like these that keep me on my feet, that keep me on my feet."
    "Taking over this town, they should worry, but these problems aside I think I taught you well: that we won't run, and we won't run, and we won't run."
    "I dare you to close your eyes and see all the colors in disguise."

Etc.
    I love them. Idunno about you. I love them. Sorry. I'm done. xP

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I don't feel guilty for liking music most of the time, but I do like some of Jeffree Star's songs oops.
    They make me wanna draw bright and pastel colored things.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Almost anything by Alabama, Sawyer Brown, and a bunch of other stuff I grew up on as a kid. Even David Allen Coe. It's just the music I was raised around
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I love Dave Matthews Band. Sorrynotsorry.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    For a guy that's into heavy metal and stuff...

I REALLY like Shania Twain.
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Progressive rock, even the really self-indulgent stuff. Rick Wakeman (often pejoratively referred to as "Rock Wankman") made an album based on the Jules Verne book Journey to the Center of the Earth. It's mostly Rick reading passages from the book with background guitars for ambiance. Occasionally he'll sing... badly. Despite its excesses, I rather like the album and all two of the songs on it.

BTW, Jackal, is that a fossa in your signature?