Feedback for your Music

So I was totally inspired by CoyoteCaliente (thank you!) to make a thread like theirs from the Writing forum, with a twist or two. I feel like doing everything I can to breathe some life into quieter sections of the forums, especially Multimedia. I receive so little feedback on my music as it is among the least exposed forms of expression amongst furs, and I know others share that same frustration.

I'd like to use this thread as a place to request feedback for music pieces posted on Weasyl, whether it be critique or even just a comment. I'll up the ante and say that I will take a listen and comment on anything that is posted here. It's just so frustrating to be excited to post something that you worked hard on, be patient, and then not hear a single thing back. We're a small community, and as Coyote said to the writers, it'd be great to get to know you guys and hear what you're all about.

I realize there is a specific Critique forum, but the description for Multimedia's subforum also mentions critiques, and Coyote's thread appears to be working nicely. So.. staff, if I'm in the danger zone here, let me know and I'll make this thread more about myself wanting to critique rather than anyone in general.
    Last edited by Rory; 01-17-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    I saw that, not like there's more than a handful of threads in here lol. This thread serves a slightly different purpose; I felt yours is more about just putting up projects in general to talk about what's going on, whereas the goal here is clearly to get feedback and specific critique when possible, instead of just sharing.

I mean, not like anyone's really biting on either end, so at least we can provide more options for users who come into here. Music's just not a big thing here, so. =/

Edit: and also, if that's still not agreeable, I can just make it about me wanting to offer feedback and stuff. It's malleable.
    Last edited by Rory; 01-21-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Weasyl
    JiJi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I saw that, not like there's more than a handful of threads in here lol. This thread serves a slightly different purpose; I felt yours is more about just putting up projects in general to talk about what's going on, whereas the goal here is clearly to get feedback and specific critique when possible, instead of just sharing.

I mean, not like anyone's really biting on either end, so at least we can provide more options for users who come into here. Music's just not a big thing here, so. =/

Edit: and also, if that's still not agreeable, I can just make it about me wanting to offer feedback and stuff. It's malleable.
    I meant mine for critique feedback and general sharing and whatever really. Pretty much what you've posted lol.
    I just wrote a bit informally and friendly.
    I don't mind either way a threads a thread I just didn't know if you knew there was another one.

But yeah it's pretty quiet, but it may pick up, already a little busier than a few weeks ago.

dA|FA|Weasyl|Soundcloud|Tumblr|Steam

Avatar by the beautiful Chipsticks!

Quote Originally Posted by JiJi View Post
    I meant mine for critique feedback and general sharing and whatever really. Pretty much what you've posted lol.
    I just wrote a bit informally and friendly.
    I don't mind either way a threads a thread I just didn't know if you knew there was another one.

But yeah it's pretty quiet, but it may pick up, already a little busier than a few weeks ago.
    Maybe that's why we haven't had any real activity so far. We've definitely got the slowest train going here, so... we should work together. I'm still thinking about editing this and just making it about me giving feedback, so I could ask a mod to change the title possibly. I don't particularly care either way, just want to see more eyeballs and such here. If there's one goal I have with this forum and website, it's to do whatever I can to make sure the music community is inclusive, open, friendly, and interactive.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Maybe one day when I get around to it, I'll post something. I don't really have anything new to offer here at the moment though. Good to have one of these threads, but I'm afraid that since everyone's focus is on art it'll be hard to get any feedback regardless.