Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Did the site go down?

Qwest's DNS servers are still incorrect. I was finally able to get back to Weasyl by switching my primary DNS to Google's public DNS address of 8.8.8.8 which correctly resolves to Cloudflare; Google's alt dns is 8.8.4.4 btw.

edited: fixed alt dns.
    Last edited by solidstate; 01-19-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate View Post
    Google's alt dns is 4.4.4.4 btw.
    8.8.4.4 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    8.8.4.4 actually.
    Thanks for the correction. Arg, 4.4.4.4 was an old DNS I used to have. I fixed the original post.

I've Flushed my DNS and restarted several times and this site is still not loading for me. I really don't want to use the Google DNS is there any plans to fix this so I don't have to?

Quote Originally Posted by ilayas View Post
    I've Flushed my DNS and restarted several times and this site is still not loading for me. I really don't want to use the Google DNS is there any plans to fix this so I don't have to?
    Assuming your DNS provider cached (the nameserver of authority records) at the absolute last moment, you shouldn't have to wait much more than 2.5 more hours (at the time of this writing) for this problem to solve itself. In the meantime, you either have to use an alternative DNS server, or create an /etc/hosts entry for www.weasyl.com. For Windows, the file is "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts". The current IPs for www.weasyl.com are 166.159.248.131 or 166.159.247.131. You could use either IP, though I recommend against adding /etc/hosts entries as you're likely to forget to remove it later and you'll be scratching your head at connectivity problems down the road.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #156

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    Hey, did anybody notice Moldovian IPs during the DDoS? :3
    AFAIK It's quite difficult to pin point the originator of a DDoS attack unless someone steps up and admits to it, so we are not pointing fingers at anybody.