Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Your favorite restaurant

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk

Your favorite restaurant

Since there's a fast-food, why not make a thread for the fancier people in here, who don't mind waiting 45 minutes for their meals?

My favorite restaurant ever would be Casa-Grecque, since I'm a sucker for Greek food. There used to be one near where I lived in Trois-Rivières and I'd go there with my mom on birthdays, but it recently closed down for unknown reasons, so no more pikilia for me :c

What about you, guys?

There is a wonderful Chinese place here called Sweet Ginger, which serves the most delicious and probably most authentic Chinese food I've ever had.

There's also No Problemo, which is a tiny place in downtown New Bedford. They serve Mexican food, but nothing near the kind of stuff you get at Taco Bell. It's full of veggies and is actually pretty healthy! Their quesadilla has cucumber in it, and I'm just crazy for it x.x

Both places are incredibly low-priced for the meal size and quality.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Judicant
    Oh god it's this thread again.

Kubo's (sushi) - It's just delicious. They always have high quality stuff, and delicious seasonal items.
    59 Diner - How can you not love a diner?
    D'Amico's (Italian) - Decent quality Italian.
    Collina's (Italian) - That kind of lower quality Italian that is just so super delicious.
    Brown Bag Deli - Big fat sandwiches in delicious bread.

And just for the heck of it, a remembrance of all the places that are now gone:

Patu (Thai) - It was located in a converted alley way. Closed for building code violations (who gives a crap the food was delicious) and a next-door business expanded into that space I recall.
    Fu's Garden (Chinese) - Management kicked them out for a higher bidder.
    Two Rows Brewery (American/Bar Food) - Actually have no idea what happened there.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I'm always good with Applebee's or a good Coney Island burger and fries. I used to love this awesome Chinese buffet but I got food poisoning from it one time and am not planning on going back :c

I honestly don't like restaurants too much. Well, not the franchises.

Weasyl
    meris
    There is a tiny Greek place down the road called Layla that is absolutely amazing. Their food is super cheap, too!

Another local restaurant called The Pantry is definitely my number two place, they have an odd mix of European foods. Best fish and chips I've ever had.

Weasyl
    zenia
    There is a restaurant here called Mrs. Riches. It is SO GOOD. They make amazing fish n chips and their calamari is great. As seen here and also on "You Gotta Eat Here" a Food Network program (much like Diners Drive-ins and Dives) featuring Canadian restaurants.

After that, I love White Spot. Their hamburgers are so delicious. I like their club sandwich too, but I get it without the chili sauce.

My grandma likes to come visit the Island twice per year. Once around my sisters birthday and once around mine. The three of us always go to lunch (at 11am) together on those days. Mrs. Riches is not open in February until 4pm so I never get to go (so we go to White Spot) and my sister has been to Mrs Riches (first dates usually take her there) so many times that even though in September it is open at 11am, she doesn't want to go. XD

Weasyl
    MLR
    Back when I lived in Nebraska, there was this Indian restaurant in downtown Lincoln called The Oven that I used to go to whenever I got the chance. I haven't found Indian food that good anywhere else so far.
    The best Mexican I've ever had (for a reasonable price... there's a place in downtown Tuscon that's much better but insanely expensive) was at a little restaurant in Tonopah, Nevada called El Marques.
    There's place nearby to where I live called Mia Bella that serves excellent Italian food.
    Hunan Coventry is a great Chinese place about a block from where I live that serves really great Chinese food with insanely gigantic proportions. Or just up the street from that is Pacific East, which serves wonderful Japanese (udon noodles, sushi, sashimi, tempura, teriyaki, and so on; they also have a selection of Malaysian cuisine).

I could go on for a while. I like to try new things all the time, so I've discovered quite a few places that I'm quite fond of.

Weasyl
    shane
    I don't like fast food places at all, haha. I go there maybe once every two or three months or a large fries. But I LOVE, LOVE Red Lobster.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

There's a restaurant chain around here called the Winking Lizard Tavern that I love. My local House of Blues has amazing ribs, and though I don't like cheesecakes, I love the Cheesecake Factory.