Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Gaming is particularly unique when it comes to being a hobby. It gives a human all the satisfaction instantaneously, almost. A sense of worth and improvement is the basis of most video games.. For a more long-term improvement that makes me feel good about myself, it's drawing. But even that, I'm improving fairly quickly (according to others. I believe them, though).

Weasyl
    Daisy La Liebre
    I'm guilty of ignoring my hobbies to some extent, and I have quite a few! I love gaming, baking, SCUBA diving, fitness and music to name a few, but I fall into the trap of just sitting on the internet all day on my days off... When you do that, it becomes quite a problem because "work - home - work - home" is not an ideal for living. I have three days off starting from today, so I'm gonna catch up on a few games I wanted to.

I think I have too many hobbies. Drawing furry art has been the one I've spent the most time in recently, but I'm also into shooting (used to compete a bit) and reloading. I dabble a bit in photography when the mood strikes me, and I like to attend races, travel, and read science fiction. I'd like to try writing, because I do enjoy it, but I get intimidated! Also, I want to draw a comic, but have no idea where to start.

I'm very guilty of falling into the "come home from work and get on the internet" trap. I think more and more, I should turn off the phone and computer anytime I don't actually need to use it.

Weasyl
    Brace
    I can't really afford any of my hobbies at present. I used to be big into competitive dance games and music games, and into martial arts. Martial arts is further complicated for my by my trans status, which generates a lot of antagonism in that context. If I could afford it I would also be shooting, skiing, and hiking. Gaming is relatively affordable and I've sort of kept it, although most games aren't interesting to me, and as an engineering student I have little time for them. I also like to read when I can, although I haven't read much of consequence in a while. It is also very hard to have hobbies without a car.

Weasyl
    ludwiggoff
    I agree - I made it a point growing up to not limit myself when it comes to hobbies that tend to branch off from other interests. My hobbies have always been my only reliable source of contentment.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Makes sense to me. I think the most important thing about having a hobby is that it essentially necessitates goal setting which is a great practice. Setting a goal for yourself, in an activity you like, and working to achieve it feels awesome.

I love cooking and every new dish is a project. The first attempt usually tastes awful. But each attempt brings new lessons until it tastes excellent.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Ween
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    I love cooking and every new dish is a project. The first attempt usually tastes awful. But each attempt brings new lessons until it tastes excellent.
    Cooking is a really great hobby. A lot of people are intimidated by it at first but once you're a bit more familiar in the kitchen it can be almost meditative.