Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fast Food

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Ew. I never eat junkfood. Healthy food is better for the body and it tastes better. And it often cheaper too.

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by PapayaShark View Post
    Ew. I never eat junkfood. Healthy food is better for the body and it tastes better. And it often cheaper too.
    That's quite strong. There's a lot of subjectivity in regards to what tastes good, and I don't think there's much danger in any kind of food in moderation. In any case, I would contend that there is a good deal of fast food that doesn't fall under the category of "junk." Fried Snickers bars, for example.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's quite strong. There's a lot of subjectivity in regards to what tastes good, and I don't think there's much danger in any kind of food in moderation. In any case, I would contend that there is a good deal of fast food that doesn't fall under the category of "junk." Fried Snickers bars, for example.
    That sounds awful ;A; I never said others can enjoy it, I don't really care if they do. I just don't.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I eat pretty unhealthily, I admit.

I should probably change that but I don't know what I'm doing.

I consider fast food a treat, or a necessary evil if I'm out and about and have no way to make my own food. But mostly a treat.

Homemade meals will always, always beat out fast food and eating out for me in regards to quality, taste, price and of course that feeling of satisfaction in eating a tasty meal that you made yourself. It can also be nice to cook with someone. Fast food just doesn't compare for me. That said, I love homecooked meals but hate the process of actually cooking, so it can be nice to have someone do that work for me once in a while. I do have a pretty big aversion to stuff like McDonald's though, I eat so little fast food that the more processed stuff tends to make me sick and McDonald's is probably the worst in making me wanna barf after.

My biggest guilty pleasure is ordering pizza, but that's gotten SO EXPENSIVE. I used to be able to get a pizza for just me for 10 bucks. Now it's just as easy to end up paying 10 dollars in nothing but fees. Unless I can find a coupon/deal, it can be easy to pay 20 bucks overall for just one pizza (and not even a large) with fees and a tip. It's crazy. So that happens roughly once a month if I'm lucky. Just too expensive for what you get (and acid reflux..).

Weasyl
    zenia
    heh I am the same Kayla! I don't like cooking just for myself. I prefer cooking for/with someone else. It is much more fun then. As for McDonalds... all of it makes me sick except for the fish sandwich. I like that one. And they have a 'drumstick mcflurry' is pretty good.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by PapayaShark View Post
    That sounds awful ;A; I never said others can enjoy it, I don't really care if they do. I just don't.
    I think Matt is trying to express that "junk food" isn't just restricted to what may seem unhealthy or healthy. A burger would be considered junk food if it was from mcdonalds, but if you made the exact same burger at home would it still be junk? Would peanut butter and jelly be junk? Would sushi be junk?

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    I think Matt is trying to express that "junk food" isn't just restricted to what may seem unhealthy or healthy. A burger would be considered junk food if it was from mcdonalds, but if you made the exact same burger at home would it still be junk? Would peanut butter and jelly be junk? Would sushi be junk?
    No ofc not. But I don't think a homemade burger is junk food. A homemade burger can be quite healthy. And so is sushi.
    I mean food that is junk, shitty food. And sadly most fast food is junk food. because it has to be made fast and cheap. My body doesn't run well on fatty, sugary food(bad fat and sugar that is), and I feel ill when I eat it.

I know it's bad for me, but I love those Mr. Hero's wafers. I also frequent Taco Bell & Subway.

I don't care much for the other places, like McDonalds, but I'll eat it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I LOVE Taco Bell. All of my friends hate it though.
    Whenever I go there I get Baha Chicken Chalupas, but now you have to pay extra for the baha sauce, apparently. >:l

I also like Dairy Queen, because they don't serve just ice cream and the food there is pretty good too. A burger with a cookie dough Blizzard wins me over REAL quick.