Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fast Food

Weasyl
    Matt

Fast Food

So I just went to Taco Bell for the first time in months, and I got one of those Dorito Loco Taco things. As I pulled out of the drive-thru I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was come back here and talk about it.

It was fine.

Then I realized that this place didn't have a fast food thread yet and that I forgot to get any Fire sauce. I can only fill one of these gaps in my life, so I'm doing it.

Fast food. What is it? Can we stop it? Should we? Maybe, but does anyone have any favorite restaurants? Least favorite restaurants? Favorite items, orders, etc?

My typical order at Taco Bell is: Two Double Decker Tacos, a cheesy potato burrito, fire sauce, and a side of baja sauce because it tastes good. My typical order at Little Caesers is: A hot and ready.

What about you? How does fast food affect your life, and what can we, as a society, do to make your experience better? Keep in mind that I'm using the definition of "fast food" as dictated by the Top-50 Selling Fast Food Restaurant sporcle quiz, but you shouldn't follow my lead necessarily. Have fun with it.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    When I live on my own, I usually do my grocery every week and end with a nice lil' fast food. McDonalds most of the time, though about one time per month I'll feel fancy and go to someplace Greek or Italian.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Fast food. What is it? Can we stop it?
    What is fast food? We just don't know.

Haha. Really though. I never ate as much fast food as I ever had in my life since I moved down here. I hate constantly getting burgers or some other greasy food for lunch because I don't have time or money to eat what I want/something relatively healthier.

If I had to pick a favorite place for fast food, would sandwich shops count? Because Togo's was the BEST GODDAMN THING IN THE WORLD. Burger King use to have the best fries. And Wendy's has a breakfast fire roasted burrito that is to die for.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I almost never eat fast food anymore. Although, yesterday my sister and I went out to do stuff and ended up getting some McDonalds food.

If I had to pick a favorite place, I'd pick Quiznos. I like beef/swiss and chicken carbonara sammiches.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Fast food, huh? I hear that both venison and rabbit's pretty tasty.

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    If I had to pick a favorite place for fast food, would sandwich shops count?
    I believe sporcle would allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenia View Post
    Quiznos... chicken carbonara sammiches.
    Absolutely yes. Those sandwiches ruined subway for me forever. I also enjoy the massive quantities of jalapenos and pickles that they have on offer. They more than make up for the fact that their items aren't super cheap.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

I've been trying to control my cholesterol so I haven't really been eating out for fast food but when I did I usually went to Panera Bread where everything is high quality or organic ingredients. Chicken salad sandwich has been my favorite, but the food isn't cheap :B

Subway and Mr sub are my all time favorites. But after them, it goes Burgerking, A&W, Mcdonalds.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I actually worked fast food when I was a freshman in high school. Arby's. It sucked. No one really took the time to work with me and train me on all the stations and my one manager would get pissed if I did something wrong while I wasn't even trained for it. Drive-thru was a nightmare; I much preferred working the front register. I had a dumb, dinky "discount", too. I could only get a discount on one sandwich and one drink at a time.

As far as when I eat fast food, it's not often. Sometimes if I'm out and about driving and want to have a quick lunch I hit up Wendy's (or McDonald's if I'm driving home from school). Or if my mom makes dinner for the family that I don't like; then i get Wendy's. And we have pizza every Friday.

Now that I have the money to buy groceries and eat like a normal person, I don't tend to buy as much fast food (see: value menu at McDonald's). I still buy a lot of junk food, but that's another issue.

Honestly, I love some fast food. I love Arby's a whole lot and it's a good thing the one in town is a trek away from me or I'd have Jamocha shakes every single day for the rest of my life. I like McD's because it's cheap and relatively tasty. I like Subway and Quiznos, though I don't eat either much anymore, the former because the Subway in the student center on campus kind of sucks and the latter because we don't have one anywhere near me. I pretty much love Chipotle with all my heart and soul and I don't really consider it, like, fast food fast food, because it's a bit more quality than, say, McDonald's. Regardless, I eat Chipotle A LOT.

Wendy's and Burger King just haven't been good to me in recent years and I think I got food poisoning from one and the other has just disappointed me time and again recently, so I pretend both don't exist.
    drawing and graphicsblackacres · pipedreams · furaffinity · deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath · charahub · insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity