Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Accents

Weasyl
    TiaLeopard
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlered View Post
    I've got a super boring Eastern-American accent. Though if I'm around people with other accents for more than 5 minutes, I do tend to pick them up completely unintentionally. Case and point in I just got back from Disney World and was at Epcot a few days ago browsing a store in the UK section, and by the time I was checking out I realized I had a British accent going.

My favourite accents are for certain Irish and Scottish, though English trails closely behind. I also really dig German accents, and very certain southern America accents (think Applejack from MlP).
    I sometimes do that, though only if a person's accent is really strong and pronounced :3
    *bounces around randomly, eating cookies and pizza*

Weasyl
    Haedan
    I've got a Wisconsin accent. I've lived there my whole life up until maybe 3 years ago. It can admittedly sound pretty goofy sometimes, I think.

I dig German, Scandinavian, British, and Australian accents.

Weasyl
    Ectodrool
    I can't really tell, but some words i say sound more "southern" than others, i suppose!

Weasyl
    FatalSyndrome
    West coasty Californian. Which is the manner of speaking commonly used in movies, often viewed as "not having an accent", but relatively, everyone has one so I disagree with that statement!

I'm having an Austrian accent (and yes this is different from standard German accent) since I'm used to talk a lot in Austrian dialect which is still considered German but not as easy to understand for most people.

Weasyl
    Chuchi
    Quote Originally Posted by Haedan View Post
    I've got a Wisconsin accent. I've lived there my whole life up until maybe 3 years ago. It can admittedly sound pretty goofy sometimes, I think.

I dig German, Scandinavian, British, and Australian accents.
    I, too, have been 'blessed' with a Sconnie accent. I deny it all of course huhuhu Since I now live outside the US, I guess I have an American accent. nvn

My husband is Finnish, so he has a pretty thick Finn accent.
    ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Something interesting about myself.
    ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Weasyl
    Sonata
    I have a weakness for accents from people in the United Kingdom.
    As for my own accent, well, I dunno. I live up north of the US so I guess my accent is different. Since I also speak fluent spanish I tend to pronounce words like hispanic last names in the spanish dialect.

Weasyl
    spits
    despite only being from VA, i grew up with a pretty thick southern accent that i worked pretty hard to stifle. it still rolls out whenever i'm mad or loud, though.

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtypaws View Post
    despite only being from VA, i grew up with a pretty thick southern accent that i worked pretty hard to stifle. it still rolls out whenever i'm mad or loud, though.
    That's exactly how I am with my Trans-Atlantic accent actually. I've been told that when I'm cross with someone I can sound like a condescending intellectual snob.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    I have what American friends described as a "Posh English" accent, which is unfortunate, I'm not posh in the slightest.
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!