Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Gaming Guilty Pleasures

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    I love the Fire Emblem games so goddamn much. Just the idea of your characters being so much more fragile than in your typical video game. Pokemon faint, in games like final fantasy the killed character just comes back in the next fight with 1 hp, and in everything else you just have to reset. How cute. In fire emblem, those motherfuckers die forever and their hopes and dreams remain unfulfilled, all because you didn't have the patience to redo that level you spent two hours on when some son of a bitch with a killer axe got a lucky-ass crit on you at the last minute.
    Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

why is the game a guilty pleasure to me you might ask? Well, the fandom is insufferable and all the characters are anime girly men with brightly colored men. There is -so- much yaoi of them too. I mean, I know rule 34 and all but come on guys, you've made your point already. Soren's farts will never make a sound again.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    As far as NES games go, I seriously have a soft spot for Monster Party.
    I know it's an awful game and it's got a laughable plot. But my god I love all the sprites in this damn game.

Also the beta for the game is incredibly mysterious and downright odd. It shows what the game could have been like had we got the unedited version of it.
    I'm proud to say I have actually beaten this game.

A guilty pleasure of mine is, admittedly, doing things that piss off Tryhard Gamers. I normally hate the term "Tryhard", because we're all playing to win here, but honestly when some guy gets mad about my ducking around corners and leaving grenade traps I'm just going to start really doing it as often as possible. I can't help but feel continuously smug for every angry message that appears in chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    I love the Fire Emblem games so goddamn much. Just the idea of your characters being so much more fragile than in your typical video game. Pokemon faint, in games like final fantasy the killed character just comes back in the next fight with 1 hp, and in everything else you just have to reset. How cute. In fire emblem, those motherfuckers die forever and their hopes and dreams remain unfulfilled, all because you didn't have the patience to redo that level you spent two hours on when some son of a bitch with a killer axe got a lucky-ass crit on you at the last minute.
    Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

why is the game a guilty pleasure to me you might ask? Well, the fandom is insufferable and all the characters are anime girly men with brightly colored men. There is -so- much yaoi of them too. I mean, I know rule 34 and all but come on guys, you've made your point already. Soren's farts will never make a sound again.

am I the only one who's almost never run into those people?

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    am I the only one who's almost never run into those people?
    The fans or the fuckers with the killer weapons? If it's the latter, it really depends on which game and which difficulty.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Antronach
    I play the abomination that is Tekken Revolution and actually enjoy it. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    The fans or the fuckers with the killer weapons? If it's the latter, it really depends on which game and which difficulty.
    The former. Most fire emblem fans I've run into haven't mentioned anything about yaoi - only shipping. (the closest I saw to flat out yaoi was Ike x Soren)

Weasyl
    TrashQueen
    I've always enjoyed shitty tower defense games. As long as it's a tower defense game with a gimmick I haven't seen before, I'll probably spend a few hours playing it. I don't care how shitty the graphics or how repetitive the gameplay.